"Feeling Like A Burden" - Is this normal?

Hello everyone,

In our journey through life, we often encounter challenges that test our resilience and sense of self-worth. Because of certain circumstances, we may sometimes we may even find ourselves questioning our place and purpose and eventually start to feel like a burden to the people around us.

Did you know:
Feelings of being a burden can affect people across the lifespan! It’s not restricted to a particular age group or demographic. Various life circumstances, interpersonal relationships, and societal pressures can contribute to a pervasive sense of burden, impacting our mental health and well-being. This is why it’s so important for us to foster understanding, empathy, and support within communities to address these universal human experiences.

Time for Discussion:

1. How have you managed or coped with feelings of being a burden, whether within your family or personal relationships?
  2. In your experiences, how do you balance the demands of family dynamics with the need to prioritize your own mental health and well-being?

I believe in the power of shared experiences and collective wisdom! I believe that your insights can offer support to others who may find themselves facing similar challenges.

Your voices matter, and I appreciate your time and consideration in responding :slight_smile:

1 Like