Feels so sad

Hi,

I feel so empty and sad everyday. How to not feel empty and sad?

I do have therapies and psychiatrist.

But in between sessions, i feel so empty and sad. How?

2 Likes

Hi @Mlsm

Thank you for sharing your sadness with us, I hear you and I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way. It’s really tough to go through each day feeling empty and sad, even when you’re actively seeking support through therapies and with a psychiatrist. It’s understandable that the time between sessions can feel especially difficult.

One thing that might help is finding small activities or hobbies that bring you even a moment of joy or distraction during those in-between times. It could be something as simple as going for a walk in nature, listening to music that resonates with you, or engaging in a creative outlet like drawing or writing.

Also, practicing self-compassion can be very powerful. You can remind yourself that it’s okay to feel the way you do and that you’re not alone in your struggles. I also encourage you to be gentle with yourself and try to counter any self-critical thoughts with words of kindness and understanding :slight_smile:

For example, if you find yourself saying self-criticising statements, you can affirm yourself in this way instead : “It’s okay to feel sad, I know this moment will pass.” Then add on with your breathing or grounding activities to help you stay regulated.

And remember, reaching out to trusted friends or loved ones when you’re feeling low can also provide a sense of connection and support in between sessions. They may not have all the answers, but sometimes just knowing someone cares and is there for you can make a big difference :slight_smile:

Above all, know that we are here to walk with you. Let us know how you’re coping and if you’ve tried any of these? Hear from you soon!

1 Like

Hey @Mlsm whats on your mind ? I’m here to lend a listening ear :ear:

1 Like