i am stuck

ever since primary school i got bullied and had no friends. i got some friends in secondary school and i felt better. but he just wanted me to do funny things and when i wasnt funny he just left me alone. i remeber how he told me he was my real friend yet he just left me like that, more sad and worse off. i even have social anxiety by talking to people, and cant find topics talking to people, i’m so awkward. now i’m in jc and no matter how many times i try to reframe my thinking it simply doesn’t work. I have no friends and maybe i was thinking too much but i think someone called me autistic. My jc keeps stressing on holistic development for university so I an stressed for the future, I want something to do, i dont want to end my dreams because of my communication issues. i really need help, I want to look for the school counsellor but I don’t want to be judged so I found this platform. Can someone please help

1 Like

Hi @user1072

Thank you for sharing with us your struggles, I’m so sorry to hear about the challenges you’ve faced throughout your school years and the impact it’s had on your mental well-being. I hear you, it’s really tough to understand and work through social situations, especially when past experiences have left you feeling isolated and anxious.

Firstly, I want to commend you for reaching out for help and support. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge your struggles and seek help. You are a brave one!

It’s understandable that you might feel hesitant about talking to the school counselor, but please know that their role is to provide a safe and supportive space for students to express their concerns and receive guidance. They are trained professionals who are there to help without judgment, and everything you share with them is kept confidential. I highly encourage you to speak to your school counsellor soon. If you really are unable to, you can always try these options too:

In addition to seeking support from a counselor, please do consider exploring other resources or avenues for help. This could include support groups for individuals with social anxiety or communication difficulties, online forums where you can connect with others who share similar experiences, or self-help books and resources that offer strategies for improving social skills and building self-confidence.

Remember that progress takes time, and it’s okay to take small steps toward your goals. You don’t have to tackle everything at once, and it’s okay to ask for help along the way.

Please let us know how you’re doing and if you’ve managed to reach out to anyone for support? Hear from you soon.