I am very confused and need clarifications

Hi I am a F (24Y) and currently was confused by my situations. I have a friend that is F(26Y) and is currently engaged. My friend has been gotten very close to me. We have been video calling each other every night till morning to keep each company. We have been hanging out with each other almost every day (virtually and physically). I am well awared that she is engaged and is straight. I myself have never engaged with any females and i think I have fallen in love with her as time goes by. I know this is not right as it’ll just break my heart eventually but I do not want to confess to her on my feelings and truly aware that feelings are not mutual. Her actions do makes me confused at times (video calling, being touchy, or even inviting me to hangout every events).

Dear @Brocolli

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. It sounds like you’re going through a really challenging and confusing time right now. :people_hugging: Falling for someone, especially a close friend, can be incredibly complicated, especially when the feelings aren’t mutual and they’re engaged to someone else.

It’s clear that you deeply care about your friend, and it’s understandable that her actions, like frequent video calls, being touchy, and inviting you to events, would lead to mixed feelings. These actions might make you feel special and valued, which can naturally develop into deeper feelings over time.

It’s important to acknowledge your feelings and be kind to yourself. It’s okay to feel the way you do, even if the situation is complicated. Here are a few things you might consider:

1. Reflect on Boundaries: Think about setting some boundaries that can help protect your emotional well-being. This could mean limiting the frequency of video calls or hangouts to give yourself some space.

2. Focus on Other Relationships: Spending time with other friends and loved ones can provide support and help balance your emotions.

3. Self-Care: Engage in activities that you enjoy and that make you feel good about yourself. This could be a hobby, exercise, or anything else that brings you joy and peace.

4. Talk to a Counsellor: Speaking with a counsellor or therapist can be very helpful. They can provide you with strategies to manage your feelings and navigate this difficult situation.

Remember, you are deserving of a healthy relationship with a partner who is emotionally available and willing to commit to you. Your feelings are valid, and it’s okay to feel conflicted. It’s important to take care of yourself and find a path that allows you to maintain your well-being while respecting the boundaries of your friend’s relationship.

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Take care,
Cool Breeze =)