I cant stop self harming myself

I have been self harming my skin for the ost couple of months whenever something bad or slightly traumatic happens. I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore. Like Im a drama student in drama cca (Im a dsa applicant btw) and I see myself “why am I so scared? Why can’t I act normally and truly express my talent??” And looking at my other 2 dsa friends who also dsaed to drama, they are SO brave and SO talented. Why can’t I be like them..? Many suggest I see a councillor at school, I was even OFFERED by my teacher, but I denied cause I thought I was “alright” i genuinely DONT even know if I’m okay anymore so Thats why Im seeking help here. A few bad stuff happened a few days ago which left aftershock too, and like the bad and embarrassing thing happened in from of the people i DONT want to embarrass myself in front of. So yeah.

Hi @mellowfirefly98,

Thank you for sharing this. I’m glad you’re reaching out even if you’re not sure you’re okay.

I also want to gently reflect something back to you. You denied the counsellor offer because you thought you were feeling ok, but you’re here now a few months later, still self-harming and saying you don’t know if you’re okay anymore. That gap between what we tell ourselves and what’s happening inside is common, but it’s worth paying attention to.

Your teacher already offered that door may still be open. Would you consider going to the school counsellor for support soon? Alternatively, if you feel that you’d like to reach out to an anonymous helpline, feel free to reach out to National Mindline 1771 by calling them at 1771 or Whatsapp 66691771.

Take care!