I don’t know how to be happy anymore

Why do I feel cringe whenever I felt sadness? I started to blame myself every time Im disappointed. I pushed away lots of people in my life because I think I don’t worth their time. So I just left without any explanation. But I want people to be around me cause I feel happy whenever they’re around. But It feels like Im too dependent on other people’s presence, so I just try not to he happy. I don’t know how to talk, I feel like Im too desperate, so I’d rather dry text people.

Hi @user932

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts, I hear you, and I want to acknowledge the courage it takes to share these feelings. It sounds like you’ve been going through a frustrating and emotional time, and it’s completely okay to feel the way you do. The experience of cringing at sadness and blaming yourself for disappointments can be really tough.

I can tell that you have a genuine desire for connection with others and a longing for their presence to bring happiness into your life, and everyone deserves to have these meaningful connections, including you.

I just want to encourage you that it’s also okay to ask for support when you need it. Feeling dependent on others can be uncomfortable, but seeking connection and support is a natural part of being human - we’re all wired for connection. It might be helpful to explore these feelings further, perhaps with the support of a friend, family member, or a professional who can help you process and understand these emotions.

I hear that you prefer texting, perhaps you could try these online options for a start?

Remember, it’s okay not to have all the answers right now, and you don’t have to walk this journey alone :slight_smile: Let us know how you’re doing and how your online session went (when you do try it out!) We’ll wait to hear from you soon.