I feel empty and alone.

That feeling of emptiness and loneliness stays with me,even when I have my entire family supporting me and even when I have the things I wanted.I don’t know why.This has been going on for 3 months and I feel like I am slowly losing touch with myself,almost as if I am beginning to fade away slowly.

1 Like

Hi @user935

Thank you for sharing with us how you feel, I’m truly sorry to hear that you’re experiencing such deep and persistent feelings of emptiness and loneliness, especially when surrounded by the support of your family and the things you’ve wanted. It takes a lot of courage to open up about these emotions. It sounds like this has been a difficult and painful three months for you, and the sense of losing touch with yourself can be incredibly distressing.

I want you to know that your feelings are real, and I’m here to support you as we explore and work through them together. Sometimes, understanding the root of these emotions can be complex, and it might be helpful to explore them further in a safe and supportive space.

If you could, please give us more information:

1. Could you share a bit more about when these feelings of emptiness and loneliness seem most prominent or any specific situations that trigger them?
  2. Additionally, have there been any changes or events in your life around the time when these feelings started three months ago that might be contributing to your sense of fading away?

I want you to know that your experiences matter, and seeking support is a good step forward. If you feel comfortable, we can discuss these feelings in more detail and work towards finding ways to help you regain a sense of connection with yourself.

Remember, you don’t have to face this alone, and there is support available to help you through this challenging time. Hear from you soon.

1 Like

Whenever my family reminded me to go out with my friends,it triggered those feelings and whenever I am alone,all by myself,it also triggers those feelings.During these 3 months,I have asked people to like go out with me but they either say that they are busy or they are going overseas. It hurts my heart and makes me wonder if they even care about me the slightest. I have not told my family this event as I know they will be hurt and will certainly make them worry about me.

2 Likes

Hi @user935

I’m truly sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult time. It sounds like you’re feeling a sense of loneliness and disappointment when trying to connect with others. I want to recognize that your feelings are valid, and you’re not alone in experiencing them.

Feeling rejected or dismissed when reaching out to friends can be really tough. I am thinking that their responses may not necessarily reflect their feelings toward you, as people’s lives can get busy, and perhaps they might not fully understand the impact of their actions on your well-being.

You could consider expressing your feelings to your friends in a sincere and open way. Let them know that you’ve been struggling and that their company would mean a lot to you. Sometimes, people may not be aware of the impact their availability (or lack thereof) has on others.

If you find it challenging to talk to your friends directly or if you need additional support, consider reaching out to a mental health professional. They can provide a safe space for you to explore and work around your emotions.

It’s also important to remember that you don’t have to face these feelings alone. If you feel comfortable, consider sharing your thoughts with a trusted family member. They may offer support and understanding, and keeping them informed can help build a stronger support system around you.

Last but not least, we are still here for you. Do share with us and we will continue to be the listening ears for you. Hear from you soon.