I feel like my life is falling apart, I'm coping with 2 months of unpaid salary as my boss is facing financial issues, I had a fight with my girlfriend just now but she misunderstood this as she thinks I don't love her anymore and she doesn't want me.

I work as a graphic designer for my boss’s new company for a year, but it’s been 2 months and until this start of a new year, I’m still not paid for my work. My boss finally told me the reason why I’m still unpaid is due to my company’s clients not paying it fully and clients have gone through other graphic design agencies. And because of this, it made me and my girlfriend’s relationship crumbling slowly. And now, even when me and my girlfriend texted every day and call each other every night, before she moved out of her house she used home wifi, but after she moved out she had to rely on her cellular data, I’m worried that when I’m not receiving salary anymore and telling her that again and again she’ll never be happy about it, even I told her already on this first phase of her understanding me.

We’ve been together for about 3 years and yes we had fights before but it’s natural since all types of couples fight naturally, no matter what time and situation’s going to be. But however I’m at the point where that one time me and my girlfriend exchange love reassurance banters while she mentions about my cat (in a joking way, like giving my cat a transport just to see my girlfriend) I tried calling her on video call and she picked up just to see my cat until it’s done and I ask her if she had enough mobile data but she just said if she didn’t have enough mobile data, just end the call, but even I can’t tell whether she’s joking or not but I tried to be understanding of her and just to say I end the call and we resume on text message so I just did which I thought it’ll be better, but now she threw a fit on me saying “wait you really hang up the call?! You don’t love me! I don’t want you” But I replied her text message saying “no no no I didn’t mean to do that, I hang up because I’m concerned how much mobile data do you have right now” and I tried calling her multiple times even on video or voice but she rejected my calls so many times. And she ghosted me the next day as she had all the time to play around with her facebook app. I sent series of text messages to her apologizing but she never even read them even there’s no bluetick. I can’t think anything else negatively that she might change her privacy settings. I didn’t want this to fall apart just because I want to conserve her mobile data even I said it clearly on call. I never abruptly end my phone call at all.

Part of me wishes her house had an internet wifi by her sister or I finally got paid after 2 months of no payment. Even now my relationship feels like falling apart because of my boss and his company not paying me on time. It’s so saddening.

1 Like

Hi @Nedd

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your struggles. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through such a tough time. It sounds incredibly challenging, both professionally at work, and personally. The situation with your boss not paying you on time must be very frustrating and stressful. It’s understandable that this is affecting your relationship, and I can see that you care deeply about your girlfriend.

It’s important to communicate openly with her, even though it seems like there may be some miscommunication. When you can express your concerns and explain the situation regarding your salary, perhaps it may help her understand the challenges you’re facing right now. Let her know that you value her and your relationship, and that you’re working to resolve these issues. I understand that at this point she might not be responding to you, and I can imagine the pain of being rejected. Perhaps you could give her awhile more to cool down, and you can try contacting her again. Alternatively, you could also find other ways to contact her - like through her sister, or family home number as well.

Relationships can face difficulties, and I know that you want to make things right. Continue to reassure her that your intention was never to upset her during the phone call, and you were genuinely trying to be considerate of her mobile data. Give her some time, but continue to express your feelings and apologize for any misunderstanding.

I hope that both your professional and personal situations improve soon. Please continue to keep us updated on how you’re coping. Hear from you soon.