I feel trapped and tired

I have been bullied in school before, which lasted 2 years and also later on in my 1st job. Afterwards, I got so scared of people that I stayed at home for a year. My family just thought that I was lazy and kept nagging at me. I’ve told them before about my situation but they just told me to suck it up. Finally, last year I decided to pluck up the courage and forced myself to get employed again. It was all going well until now.

Nothing excites me anymore, I’m just on autopilot everyday. I don’t feel happy from anything and I just feel kind of down with a small anxiety pooling in my stomach(don’t know how else to describe it). I also seem to tear up easily.

Also, I can’t seem to wake up on time when my alarm clock rings and I just want to keep lying in bed because I don’t want to go to work.

After work when I reach home, I have no motivation to do anything. For example, if I were to drop a sweet wrapper on the floor, I can’t seem to pick it up, I just look at it and leave it there.

Normally playing games would have gave me some sort of happiness and give me a boost of motivation in life but lately I can’t seem to find the joy in it anymore.

Nothing bad is really happening in my life but I just feel so tired. It’s really hard for me to get through the day.

2 Likes

Hi @User1233

Thank you for sharing with us your struggles, and I’m truly sorry to hear that you’ve been through such challenging experiences, and I appreciate you opening up about what you’re currently going through. It sounds like you’ve faced a lot of difficulties, and it’s completely valid to feel the way you do. Dealing with bullying in both school and work can have a huge impact on a person’s well-being, and it takes a lot of strength to push through.

It must be incredibly tough to have your family misunderstand your situation, adding to the emotional weight you’re carrying. Feeling numb, anxious, and lacking motivation are all difficult emotions to process, and it’s okay to acknowledge that.

It sounds like you’ve been trying your best to push through and find joy in activities that used to bring you happiness, like playing games. You know, sometimes the things that once brought us joy may not have the same effect during times that we’re struggling with, it just doesn’t feel the same.

Your feelings of exhaustion and difficulty in facing the day are valid, and I want you to know that you don’t have to go through this alone. Seeking support from friends, family, or even a mental health professional could be helpful. I encourage you to speak to a mental health professional who can help you to process what you’re going through.

Here are some options:

1. Nearby Family Service Centre
  2. Online options like:

Remember, your feelings are important, and we are here to support you. Let us know how you’re coping? Hear from you soon.

1 Like