i need a listening ear

my school friends are leaving me out and ditching me 24/7 like I don’t exist, I’m having violent thoughts and my old school best friend is overseas and he can’t contact me. I can’t deal with the loneliness and I feel like crying. How do you cope? Can somebody please tell me?

1 Like

Hi there @Genny,

I hear you struggling with being left out and finding it hard to get to your usual social support for situations like this. I want to let you know that what you’re thinking and feeling is valid given your current circumstances. I wanna commend you on your self awareness regarding support system and the community here, including me, is more than willing to listen to what you’re gonna share. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did something happen recently that led to this change with your school friends? Besides contacting your best friend, how else do you cope when things get too distressing? I can see that you value friendships a lot and that you put a high value on it. Humans are social creatures, so friendships is one of our ways to make connections, and with you being left out, there’s a huge disconnect in getting what you need. :pensive:

Another helpful way is to carry out actions that are in line with your values - things that matter and are important to you. You can use this checklist to determine your values and note them down to identify what those values-driven action can be for you. If you select Connection, then it can be being open to communicate and being honest or true to yourself. And an open communication typically uses I statements: I think/feel … because… and I would prefer that (what you would like done instead). This way, you can get your concerns across in a manner that your friends can listen and understand clearly.

At the same time, to help you bear the distress, perhaps you can consider expressing your feelings instead of having it bottle up inside you with nowhere to go. It could also be helpful to look at things from a different perspective and to be kind to yourself through this difficult time. Let us know what you think. Remember that you deserve and can get the necessary support you need. Until then, take care :wave:t2:

3 Likes

ty for the advice but honestly they wouldnt care about how I feel.

1 Like

is there something that you enjoy doing?
for example, i love reading and spend a lot of time with the characters in my books.

2 Likes

Yepp I love drawing anime characters, listening to music and watching movies!

2 Likes

cool!! ive always admired those who could draw anime characters! are you into animes as well?

2 Likes

Yepp!!! My favorite anime is one piece although there’s like 1k plus episodes :sob::sob:

2 Likes

i know there are many fans for one piece but the drawing style sadly doesnt appeal to me.
im currently catching solo leveling. have you seen it?

2 Likes

No I have not seen it :sob::sob:

2 Likes

what kind of anime characters do you enjoy drawing?

2 Likes

one piece characters, jujutsu kaizen characters, mashle characters and I take requests from people on what I should draw

2 Likes

i like mashle. he’s funny and his actions defy the law of physics haha

2 Likes