Is this serious and how do i seek help

Hi Lets talk team, i would like to check if this are signs of depression. I have been feeling low but it is not a constant feeling it comes and goes. Like for a prolong period. The feeling of helplessness and hopelessness never goes away. Some days i feel so tired even with enough rest that i wished i do not have to wake up. I don’t self harm of have self harm thoughts. But i do not have any motivation to do anything. I only feel like i want to sleep and not do anything else so everyday i have to force myself out of bed. This has been going for years and the feeling worsen with stress. On the outside it looks like i am functioning but inside i do not feel any joy on the daily basis.

1 Like

Hi @SerenityInChaos :wave:t4:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing strong uncomfortable feelings for some time now. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. I’m glad you know you don’t have to navigate this alone, and seeking help is a significant and courageous decision. Well done! :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

While I can’t provide a diagnosis, I can share some information that might help you understand your symptoms better. Many of the feelings you’re experiencing are common signs of depression. Feeling low intermittently, persistent helplessness and hopelessness, fatigue despite getting enough rest, lack of motivation, difficulty getting out of bed, and a lack of joy in daily life are all typical symptoms.

It’s important to note that depression can come and go, and it’s not always a constant feeling of sadness. These symptoms seem to be impacting your daily living and quality of life, making it worth exploring further. You deserve to live well and without a prolonged sense of helplessness and hopelessness. Living a life where you can be your authentic self is possible, and it’s okay to get support with it.

Given that these feelings have been ongoing for years and worsen with stress, I’d like to strongly encourage you to seek professional help. You may want to schedule an appointment to meet with a psychiatrist or reach out to a psychologist or counsellor for support and care. You can walk into any polyclinic to speak with a doctor and then get a referral to the mental health team.

In the meantime, here are a few steps you can consider:

• Talk to Someone You Trust: Sharing your feelings with a friend or family member can be a good first step.
  • Self-Care: Try to engage in activities that you usually enjoy, even if they don’t bring the same joy they once did. Regular exercise, healthy eating, and adequate sleep can also help.
  • Mindfulness and Relaxation: Practices like deep breathing, meditation, or even just going for a walk can help regulate the nervous system, clear your mind, and reduce feelings of being overwhelmed.

Reaching out for help is a significant and brave step. You don’t have to go through this alone, and there are people who can help you find a way forward. As the saying goes, “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” Serenity is within you, and though chaos may be present now, it is only temporary. You can find your peace again.

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Take care,
CoolBreeze =)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @SerenityInChaos. Have you shared this with anyone? Can consider getting a professional opinion using this wayfinding tool.