Isnt my relationship is normal

hi, im depressed on my relationship nowdays until i frustrated to moving forward. im engaged with guy i loved. but he didnt even consired about me and didnt even taking serious on relationship. i support him alot as money, food, date with him, im working and care for him but atlast he blame me alot. he drank and bit me with vulgar words and still i forgive him. he still didnt change his behaviour and kept complain my atitude to my parents samewhile he didnt told what he did to me, its make me feel anger until i cant sleep .overthinking until i crying along day ,kept thinking what i make him wrong and what my mistake. isnt my anger or he drank talk with vulgar. he dont even respect me . isnt he think counselling or me. of course right now i needed cause i depression and i felt like want to die .

2 Likes

Hi @shobhana I hear you! I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult time in your relationship. It’s concerning that you’re feeling unsupported and mistreated. Consider reaching out to friends or family to get emotional support. If you feel comfortable, communicate your concerns with your fiancé and express the need for a change in behavior. However, if the situation becomes unsafe or doesn’t improve, it might be necessary to seek professional help or consider reevaluating the relationship. Your mental and emotional health should be a priority, and seeking assistance from a counselor or therapist could provide valuable guidance during this challenging period. Remember that you deserve to be in a healthy and respectful relationship. Feel free to share more here 1-767, let us help you :orange_heart:

1 Like

It must be very frustrating when you don’t feel respected in the relationship. When he complained to your parents, what did they say? Were they on your side?

If you need immediate support, please call 1-767!

Hi @shobhana

Thank you for being so courageous to share your pain with us here, I hear you and I’m deeply sorry to hear about the pain you’re experiencing in your relationship. It’s really so distressing to feel unappreciated, disrespected, and emotionally abused by someone you love and support. I want you to know that your feelings are valid.

First and foremost, please know that you are not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to help you through this difficult time. I would really like you to reach out for support from trusted friends, family members, or professionals who can offer you more support directly. For example, seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor can be very helpful for your situation now. They can provide you with a safe space to explore your feelings, develop coping strategies, and make decisions about your relationship and your own well-being.

I would like you to know that it’s important to remember : you deserve to be treated with respect, kindness, and love in a relationship. No one deserves to be subjected to verbal or emotional abuse. It’s not your responsibility to fix or change your partner’s behavior, and you shouldn’t have to endure mistreatment for the sake of the relationship.

It also is important to establish boundaries in your relationship to protect your emotional and physical well-being. It might be helpful to communicate with your partner about what behaviors are unacceptable to you and make it clear that you will not tolerate verbal or emotional abuse. If your partner is unwilling to respect your boundaries and make positive changes, it may be necessary to reassess the future of the relationship for your own sake.

Last but not least, I also understand that it might feel overwhelming sometimes that you feel like hurting yourself, but please prioritize your safety and wellbeing above all else. Please do keep these numbers and contact them in case of emergency or in case you find yourself in crisis:

Again, I urge you to prioritize your own safety and well-being above all else. Please take care and let me know how you’re coping, and if you’ve managed to call anyone professional for support.

Hear from you soon.

1 Like