Jealousy, anxiety, and anger

I’m falling in love with my sister in law, I always feels anger, jealous, worried when she going out with her boy friend or probably boyfriend. What I suppose to do?
I can’t do anything, I can’t tell her my feelings

1 Like

Hello @Cisnatinnov. It’s normal to experience complicated emotions, but when it comes to family relationships, it’s crucial to maintain boundaries. Seek support from friends, family, or a professional to navigate and manage these emotions in a healthy way. Remember to prioritize the well-being and harmony of everyone involved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already do those things, but still, I need time to get rid of her in my mind.
Hard to remove feeling to someone I love and really care about

2 Likes

@Cisnatinnov I completely understand. Give yourself the time and space you need to heal. Focus on self-care and surround yourself with supportive people. Take care and all the best, :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

Thanks for your understanding, I really appreciate it.
I need more activity to distract my feelings,
but I am jobless right now.
But I am worried if this feelings become excalate to hatred

1 Like

@Cisnatinnov try to explore free or low-cost activities, such as online courses, volunteering, or engaging in hobbies that can help you create positive feelings. Believe in yourself :muscle:

1 Like

I’m a bit confused, @Cisnatinnov. If she’s your sister-in-law, isn’t she in a relationship with your brother?

It seems like you already know what you want to do but just need some help to distract your feelings. Focusing your efforts on the job search might help, what kind of jobs are you looking for?

She is my wife sister, I am looking for opportunity for Back End Developer

1 Like

Ah okay, sorry I misunderstood!! And now I understand the complexity of the situation (because you probably can’t talk to your wife about this too)

Do you live together with your sister-in-law? If yes, maybe can consider a change of environment because the more you see her, the harder it is for you to get rid of these feelings.

We are neighbors. The problem is I always see her going out with different boy friend or probably boyfriend, I am worried this feelings escalate to hatred. I understand that this feelings affect to relationship between sisters that’s why I will never ever say it out loud to my wife and her

1 Like

Yes it feels quite complicated. This may not be the best solution but I wonder if you know what her typical schedules are like? If you know, then maybe can try to avoid her at those timings and find a way to keep yourself busy. Hopefully these feelings don’t escalate further :crossed_fingers:

That will be a problem, her schedule often changes uncertain.

1 Like

Hi @Cisnatinnov,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing about your situation with your complicated feelings for your sister in law; I sense that it’s eating you inside and you seem to be unable to figure out a helpful solution that works for everyone (given how you cannot avoid her entirely). :pensive:

You mention having strong feelings for her (and worrying that the positive feeling will give way to negative ones) - you mention love and because you consider love to be important to you, what type of love do you feel for her? :thinking: As there are many kinds of love that ranges from platonic (where you’re just friends) to being attracted to a person physcially to wanting intimacy, even jealousy where you want something the other person have and you don’t. Maybe this is an indication of a need you want that you’re not getting, either from yourself or from others - what do you think? Has this experience happened before for you? If yes, what did you do that helped you manage it?

Perhaps this is something that is worth exploring in a safe and non-judgmental setting with professionals should you be open to consider:

• Samaritans of Singapore (1-767)
  • Family Service Centres
  • James Cook University Clinic
  • NIE Wellness Centre
  • NUS Clinical & Health Psychology Centre

I commend you for trying your best and reaching out here for support. Remember that you deserve and can get the necessary support you need. Hope to hear from you, till then take care! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help and support
My feelings for her is not just as a brother, but as a lover, I desire to have romantic relationship with her.
I often feel jealous if she with her boyfriend, or getting along with someone.
I always angry, please help! This feelings consume me.
Even though I know she often going out with different boy friend, I never stop loving her.
It feels like, she feel the same thing

1 Like