Mental breakdowns.

What to do when you suddenly get a mental breakdown but still have to go thru the day with workloads. Its uncontrollable. I’ll literally just fall and cry for nothing and everything just runs in my head…

1 Like

Sounds like you need a break to get back on track. Does this happen frequently?

Hi @user1077 :wave:

Thanks for sharing your struggles with us. I hear you, and I can imagine the depth of emotions you’re experiencing as you try to navigate this. It’s incredibly tough to find yourself in the midst of a mental breakdown, especially when you’re simultaneously faced with the demands of work and daily responsibilities. The overwhelming flood of emotions can leave you feeling lost and vulnerable, and it’s completely understandable to feel like you’re struggling to keep your head above water.

During moments like these, try to give yourself the space to acknowledge and feel the intensity of your emotions without judgment. I want you to know that your feelings are valid, and it’s okay to allow yourself to express them, whether that means crying, venting, or simply taking a moment to breathe.

Navigating through a mental breakdown while juggling workloads can feel like an insurmountable task, but please know that you’re not alone in this. There are people who care about you and want to support you through this challenging time. I wonder if you’re working or studying at this stage of your life? If you’re working, consider reaching out to trusted colleagues, supervisors, or HR professionals at your workplace, and let them know what you’re going through. If you’re in school, perhaps you may consider reaching out to trusted classmates/friends, teachers, or your school counsellor. They may be able to offer assistance, accommodations, or understanding to help ease some of the burdens you’re facing.

In addition to seeking support from your workplace/school, it’s important to prioritise self-care and find moments of respite amidst the chaos. What do you enjoy doing? When was the last time you did said activity? Whether it’s taking short breaks throughout the day to practice mindfulness or engaging in activities that bring you comfort and joy, finding ways to recharge and nurture your mental and emotional well-being is crucial. If you’re short on time, you could try out a deep breathing (Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg) or mindfulness (Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg) exercise to help you anchor yourself in the present and reduce feelings of overwhelm.

As you navigate through this difficult period, remember to be gentle with yourself and practice self-compassion. You’re doing the best you can under challenging circumstances, and it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. If you find yourself losing interest in activities that you used to enjoy, or you’re generally unable to bring yourself to do anything at all - I would urge you to consider reaching out to a mental health professional who can offer additional support and guidance tailored to your specific needs.

You’re stronger than you realise, and I believe that with the right support and coping strategies, you’ll be able to get through this. Take care of yourself, and we’ll be waiting to hear back from you!

2 Likes