Mentally struggling

Because of how easily I fall sick I feel like sometimes it makes me overthink the issues which lead me to worry a lot for my health I feel like my anxiety/depression are cmg backšŸ„² Iā€™m really tired of falling sick all the time it stops me from wanting to do stuff

Hey @user1382 thanks for sharing your concerns!

First of all, Iā€™m so sorry that you are going through a hard time as being sick constantly is definitely not an easy featā€¦I also what to assure you that your worries are valid because one would for sure be worried about their health and when you canā€™t get things done (so frustrating!)
However, I do hope you can be more lenient with yourself and allow your body to rest when itā€™s needed. Instead, we can try to find things to do or work around what our body can handle.

If you feel your anxiety and depression are coming back, of course I would suggest to seek a professional for help as that would ensure you get the best help and guidance. But if you would like to chat or talk about it, feel free to chat with me here as I would be glad to have a chat as well :grin:

1 Like

i dont fall sick when i do cardio often, u can try that. unless u have some health issue

Hi user1382

It takes a huge dose of courage to reach out for help and share what you are going through, so well done for taking this first important step. I agree that experiencing frequent illness can commonly lead many of us to have increased anxiety and feelings of depression, especially if it disrupts our daily life and activities.

I recommend you track possible causes of the frequent sickness. For example, you could keep a log book on meals eaten, times of meals, hours of sleep, levels of stress, exercise frequency, drinks consumed, etc. Armed with this knowledge, speak to a medical doctor and he could recommend tests to find out the causes of the frequent sickness.

As shared above, it is fairly common to overthink, worry and be anxious about health. I believe it would help for you to acknowledge your feelings and allow yourself to feel what youā€™re experiencing without self-judgment. Understand that anxiety and depression are medical conditions that require compassion rather than criticism.

Establishing a daily routine can provide structure and a sense of control. Incorporate small tasks that give you a sense of accomplishment, which can help distract from anxious thoughts.

Regular exercise has been shown to alleviate symptoms of both anxiety and depression. Even short walks or light activities can boost your mood by releasing endorphins, often referred to as ā€œhappy hormonesā€.

Incorporating mindfulness exercises, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help manage anxiety levels. These techniques allow you to stay present and reduce overwhelming thoughts about your health.

If your anxiety or depressive symptoms are overwhelming or interfering with daily life, consider speaking with a mental health professional.

Feeling overwhelmed by health concerns is a common experience, but there are effective strategies to manage these feelings. By acknowledging your emotions, establishing routines, engaging in physical activity, practicing mindfulness, and seeking professional support when needed, you can work towards reducing anxiety and improving your overall well-being. Remember that itā€™s okay to ask for help as you navigate these challenges. :heart:

1 Like