Seeking solutions for ending toxic relationship.

I feel frustrated by a person at school. She used to be my friend but she often made me feels less and puts a negative influence on me. I always feels like I have to compete with other people for her attention in able to keep her as my friend. After I realised that this relationship is toxic, I stopped being friends with her. However, I still feel frustrated when I see her at school. What can I do to not care about her and move on?

2 Likes

Hi @Gsppyy

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings, I appreciate you being so real and authentic with your struggles. I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this difficult situation. I want to commend you for recognizing the toxicity and took the step to end the friendship. Moving on from such relationships can be painful, but there are strategies that might help you process these feelings:

1. Focus on Self-Care: Take time for activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Engage in hobbies, spend time with positive friends, or indulge in activities that boost your well-being.

2. Establish Boundaries: If possible, minimize contact with this person. This doesn’t mean you have to completely avoid her, but try to create some distance to protect yourself emotionally.

3. Surround Yourself with Supportive People: Strengthen connections with friends who have a positive influence on you. Sharing your feelings with supportive individuals can provide validation and comfort.

4. Seek Professional Support: If your frustration persists, consider talking to a school counselor or a mental health professional. They can offer guidance on coping strategies and provide a safe space to discuss your feelings.

Remember, it’s okay to put your well-being as a priority, and distance yourself from toxic relationships. Moving on is a process, and it may take time, but do be patient with yourself as you continue to heal and move on.

We are here to support you. Let us know how you’re coping - hear from you soon!

2 Likes

Hi @Gsppyy thank you so much for sharing such a personal struggle on this platform, and I totally gets, friendships can be really hard at times, especially when things turn sour :(. I want to affirm you that it is already courageous to take the first step in ending a toxic relationship.

However, I also want to reassure you that change is hard, especially acting differently in front of someone who used to be your friend. I think a big part of wanting to be unbothered by this situation comes from you rushing to accept the new normal, be patient with yourself! Your mind and body will need some time to adapt to this new change in the relationship.

It might also be useful for you to do activities that make you feel happy! For me l, they are eating really good fried chicken (yummyyy) and playing volleyball

2 Likes

I’ve had my fair share of toxic friends too and I think the best way is to find new (non-toxic) friends so you can ignore the toxic ones.

And like what @cottonsoul and @Sandwhich suggested, finding activities that you like is a good way to self care.

What do you do for self care, @Gsppyy?

1 Like

sorry about the grammar error n what so on because im not from sg n i frequently talk broken english… so here i go

he said that im always think abt myself n never care abt him… but every night i listen to all his day, his problem… when he ask me i said im okey bcs before this i told him how abt my day he just said “ou that company from the start always like that” “ou you’re to much complain ek” “youre too ego” but i just met him 3 days n he make me like im under him… his word make me disappointed… but he always said that i was the only one who want to win i give him time to spend on his friends and everything but yet i still the one who got faulted…sometimes i feel like want to end myself more than end it with him…so what can i do?

1 Like

That’s alright, @user982. Welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

It seems like you’re unhappy with the way your partner treats you. Have y’all been together for a long time?

Did he explain why he thinks that you never care about him?