Exams upcoming, studied but feeling low because best friend left because of other toxic friend

Please advise me. Sometimes I feel like no one likes me. Am I irritating even though I care for everyone and am sweet to them?

4 Likes

Hey there @bahar :slight_smile: Why does it seem like your actions were irritating ? Maybe if you could share abit more context so that we may understand more ?

Side note from my experience you can’t get everyone to like you but it is good to be genuine and stick true to yourself and naturally you may start to find the people that appreciate you for who you are. :relieved:

Hope this helps and hoping to hear from you !

1 Like

“I am cool with my friends making new friends because I believe that if someone is my friend, I care about them and want them to spend time with me, but they are free to do whatever they want. I won’t interfere in their personal life. However, my friend’s new friend is quite irritating and tends to pick fights over small matters. She thinks that I am the one stopping my friend from talking to her, but that’s not true. She has a history of being possessive and controlling others’ lives as if everything about them is hers. I think she’s jealous of me, which is why I left the group. They were supporting her instead of me. I will always stay true to myself and maybe find a more positive group.”

1 Like

Hmm wah this sounds so stressful :disappointed_relieved: Happy to hear that you will stay true to yourself.

Well my advice is to focus on your own needs first especially during stressful times like exams.

What do you usually like to do to destress ? For me I like to go to the gym or watch a movie. :relieved:

1 Like

Maybe Eating my comfort food or dancing like crazy :sweat_smile: thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Ooo thats nice haha Whats your go to comfort food ? Mine is abit unconventional but its a chicken buritto from stuffd with all the ingredients LOL :burrito:

1 Like

It’s Naan and Paneer.

2 Likes

Ahh noice good luck for your exams and remember to dance like crazy and treat your self some naan and paneer afterwards :blush:

1 Like

Sure :+1: I will ,Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @bahar

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us, I hear that you’re experiencing feelings of not being liked, and that can be really tough. It sounds like you genuinely care for others and are sweet to them. Can you tell me more about specific situations or interactions that make you feel this way? And how do you usually cope with these feelings when they arise?

2 Likes

Hi @bahar ,

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings and sorry to hear what you have been going through.

I can understand how bad that must feel especially when our best friend left us.

I’m curious if you manage to speak to your best friend about it and maybe explore this together as she may not be aware of your feelings?

Meanwhile, please take care of yourself and wishing you that everything will go smooth in the coming year! :grinning:

1 Like