Losing a friend

deleting it because I understand that i must have done something wrong that made her upset and feel this way.

Hi there, I just read through your story and want to let you know that you’ve done a really good job staying strong especially the fact that you tried to look at things with an open mind during the hardship. I’m sure the feelings you have right now must be complicated and upsetting regarding this friendship you held so dearly too. These are normal feelings that everyone is allowed to feel, and remember that you don’t need another’s opinion or validation for you to feel a certain way, of course we would all get upset at such situations! I hope things only get better from here on, and know that we are here whenever you want a listening ear <3

1 Like

hi! Thank you so much for replying to me. I feel that I’m slowly getting use to life without her but there’s just something that I feel unjust about. I’ve been constantly trying to communicate with her to find out what I’ve done that made her so upset but it just seems like she doesn’t want to communicate with me. And I’m really frustrated because I feel so wronged. I would love to reflect and take accountability for whatever I’ve done, but if I don’t know, how am I suppose to do it? I understand that the whole point of changing and realising your mistake is about reflecting on ourselves and realise how immature we were then. But I really can’t think of any reasons to let her treat me this way. I just want her to know that sometimes people unknowingly cause hurt to others and they wld need someone to tell them so that they realise it. I don’t think acting like her, ignoring and straight up breaking ties is the best way to solve things between smo who has been your support for so long.

Hey @user1305 , having been through a similar experience during my school life, I understand your feelings of unfairness and being wronged.

It took long, but I believe I healed overtime by

1. Learning that most things in life are outside of our control. Sometimes “ghosting” people is how people cope, and while you might want to take actions for closure, understand that her reactions towards it are not within your control.
  2. Focusing on the friendships that heal me and are healthy. Rather than ruminating over one person that didn’t appreciate you, it’s important to remember and appreciate those who do.
  3. Letting go. Understanding that some people just don’t like you, grow differently, have no solid reason for it, and there is nothing to “fix”. Time might take people apart, but time also heals.

I hope your journey towards acceptance and healing is focused on the positive people and things in your life!

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for giving me tips and opening my mind up about how “ghosting” can be someone’s way of coping. This really comforted me :smile: