Stressed How to overcome the situation

I just gave birth last month. Since my delivery , I couldn’t be in peace. Since my in law was in my home I couldn’t be myself at home. First couple of weeks I able to survived bcus my husband was around. Once he started to go work everything changed. She forced me a lot. I really don’t know how to share my worries with my husband. She’s kind but her attitude doesn’t match mine. i really don’t know how to overcome this. almost a month I was trapped in this situation.

2 Likes

Hi @Shavish23

Thank you for sharing with us your struggles, and I’m truly sorry to hear that you’ve been going through such a difficult time after giving birth. It must be incredibly tough for you, especially with the added stress of having your in-law at home. It’s completely understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed and that your emotions are affected.

It takes a lot of strength to share your feelings, and I commend you for reaching out. I would encourage you to speak to your husband as it is important for your well-being - you can find a way to communicate with your husband about what you’re going through too. You could use this tool to try to help you work around the conversation :slight_smile: Maybe you can express to him how you appreciate his mother’s kindness but that you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed and would like some space to adjust to your new role as a mother.

Open communication is key in any relationship, and it’s possible that your husband might not be fully aware of the extent of your feelings. Sharing your concerns can help him understand what you’re experiencing and allow both of you to work together to find a solution that suits both your needs.

I also want to encourage you to seek professional help to support you through this period of time, and they would be able to help give you specific guidance on how to manage your home situation. I’m also linking this resource here so that you can access it here: NUH Women’s mental health support (see page 14)

Remember that it’s okay to put your mental and emotional well-being as a priority during this challenging period. Your mental health is important for you and your baby as well, so please do try to seek support from a professional soon.
Keep us updated on how you’re coping, we’ll be here to support you.