Tackling mental health issues

How to deal with poor mental health in a positive way in terms of studies and relationships with family and friends?

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for sharing with us and for raising the question. Could you share what you or your friend are experiencing?

-J.Q. (Therapist)

2 Likes

Sometimes, me and my friends are experiencing some fatigue and stress from our studies because of the goals that we want to achieve at the end of the semester. This sometimes causes relationships with family to have some form of tension as we spend less time with them.

1 Like

My friends and I are facing some sort of tiredness and lethargic due to the long hours of studying and sometimes, we have to sacrifice the activities that would keep us motivated in order to finish the given assignment and revision too!

Hi @Wira09Kurniawan

First of all, I apologise for the very late response. I’m truly glad you’re reaching out to discuss the challenges you’re facing with your mental health, studies, and relationships. It’s commendable that you’re seeking positive ways to address these difficulties - and I’ll be more than happy to provide some suggestions to help support you better! :slight_smile:

Let’s explore some strategies to help you navigate this situation.

1. Prioritize Self-Care:
    Start by prioritizing self-care practices, such as getting enough sleep, maintaining a balanced diet, and engaging in regular physical activity. These can help alleviate feelings of fatigue and improve your overall well-being. One thing you can try to feel a bit more energetic is this short activity to help you stretch: Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

2. Time Management:
    Create a structured study schedule that allows for breaks and relaxation. Effective time management can help you accomplish your academic goals while still making time for yourself and your loved ones. Another useful tool would be this (Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg) to help you organize your tasks and time.

3. Open Communication:
    Communicate openly with your friends and family about your academic goals and the pressures you’re facing. Let them know that while you may be dedicating more time to your studies, you still value and care about your relationships with them.

4. Seek Support:
    If you’re feeling overwhelmed, please do consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor. They can help you develop coping strategies for managing stress and fatigue and provide a safe space to discuss your feelings and concerns.

Most importantly, please do monitor your mental health. Sometimes, our challenges can be a huge distress for us, and getting support for these challenges can be helpful in the long run.

I affirm you again, that you’re doing a good job in balancing the academic and personal goals, plus juggling relationships :slight_smile: I’m encouraged by your resilience and grit to address your mental health in a positive way and improve your overall satisfaction and success !

Please take care and continue to stay motivated! All the best :slight_smile: