[TW: Suicide] What is keeping you alive?

I feel you, it’s not easy to verbalize how you feel. I struggle with finding the right words most of the time too.

It’s worrying to me that you’ve had many attempts. If you do feel like you’re going to attempt again, can I suggest that you reach out to SOS for help? This is a WhatsApp channel for people who might prefer texting instead of a call.

Recovery takes time and I’m glad you feel that your teachers and counselors are helping. Take one step at a time.

There are many reasons to live as you’d see in this thread. Maybe start by finding something that really interests you - eg your hobbies, a friend or even a pet. Whatever you choose as a reason to live - let us know! Our community is here to support you. :muscle:

@SOS-CommDev

I alr tried sos caretext, doesn’t work for me… I saw a psychologist today in sch… feeling abit more hopeful now… thankyou for your respond :slight_smile:

3 Likes

good to hear that you’re feeling more hopeful now, @arya.z. if you need a listening ear, we’ll be here. You’ve been here for 15 years now, we hope you’ll be here with us for many more years to come!

Support GIF by Marie Curie - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 Likes

Hi @arya.z, I’m glad that you were able to find some support in school :blush: You are very much worthy of love and support! I’m curious to know what the physiologist has done that has been helpful for you? Only if you feel comfortable sharing.

2 Likes

I spelt it wrong :frowning: is psychologist… she told me that there’s still hope and she shared with me her other students who got better. She also said she knew how to help me alr but the work starts later on sessions so yea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy birthday, Zarya_Rose!:partying_face:

2 Likes

Happy sweet 16th, @arya.z!

2 Likes

I survived 3 suicide attempts in 1 day about 15 years ago and was diagnosed with Schizo-Affective.

Life has its highs and lows. Been pursuing Music in my 20s till now my early 40s.

A lot of close friends and even strangers asked me when i will hang up my guitar but i have one final thing i need to do and its keeping me alive.

I have about 45 tracks( 9 Instrumental, 9 In Malay, Mostly in English, 1 in Spanish and 1 in Brazillian Portuguese ) And Most of the songs are about relationship and love but about Life and i do talk about the mental health Journey I went thru like on song that i wrote for my case manager that saved my sanity called " Conversation with" Its about the telephone conversation and the advice to " Close your eyes and breath in and breath out, Dont worry too much things will work out, the overwhelming feeling will go away, You have made it so far, Make it thru the day "

I did a Concert for World Mental Health day that i would like to sharehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVoQJihP5Ms

Sorry for the long Post Wishing All Good Health and Stay Strong !!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @ManoEsperanza! Love the wholesome content. :two_hearts:

1 Like

hello community. I came across this poem and found it deeply moving. For any of you struggling with self-harm thoughts, pls remember the many little happy things that happened to you in your life :heartpulse:

:beginner:The morning after I killed myself by Meggie Royer

The morning after I killed myself, I woke up.

I made myself breakfast in bed. I added salt and pepper to my eggs and used my toast for a cheese and bacon sandwich. I squeezed a grapefruit into a juice glass. I scraped the ashes from the frying pan and rinsed the butter off the counter. I washed the dishes and folded the towels.

The morning after I killed myself, I fell in love. Not with the boy down the street or the middle school principal. Not with the everyday jogger or the grocer who always left the avocados out of the bag. I fell in love with my mother and the way she sat on the floor of my room holding each rock from my collection in her palms until they grew dark with sweat. I fell in love with my father down at the river as he placed my note into a bottle and sent it into the current. With my brother who once believed in unicorns but who now sat in his desk at school trying desperately to believe I still existed.

The morning after I killed myself, I walked the dog. I watched the way her tail twitched when a bird flew by or how her pace quickened at the sight of a cat. I saw the empty space in her eyes when she reached a stick and turned around to greet me so we could play catch but saw nothing but sky in my place. I stood by as strangers stroked her muzzle and she wilted beneath their touch like she did once for mine.

The morning after I killed myself, I went back to the neighbors’ yard where I left my footprints in concrete as a two year old and examined how they were already fading. I picked a few daylilies and pulled a few weeds and watched the elderly woman through her window as she read the paper with the news of my death. I saw her husband spit tobacco into the kitchen sink and bring her her daily medication.

The morning after I killed myself, I watched the sun come up. Each orange tree opened like a hand and the kid down the street pointed out a single red cloud to his mother.

The morning after I killed myself, I went back to that body in the morgue and tried to talk some sense into her. I told her about the avocados and the stepping stones, the river and her parents. I told her about the sunsets and the dog and the beach.

The morning after I killed myself, I tried to unkill myself, but couldn’t finish what I started.

4 Likes

Just came across this post recently and I’m really glad to hear that you’re doing better. It’s wonderful that you’ve found joy in simple pleasures like ice cream and the support of friends, as well as the excitement of exploring the world. Your willingness to share your reasons for staying alive can be a source of inspiration for others. Your post might indeed help someone who’s seeking reasons to stay strong.

Here’s my list of reasons:

• my friends
  • ⁠being able to see the furry pets around my neighbourhood on a frequent basis
  • ⁠nice people whom I met and motivated me

Remember, you’re not alone, and reaching out for support like here can make a significant difference. :hugs:

2 Likes

im trying to do better now, and here’s some things that’s keeping me alive:

1. My cat
  2. My bestfriends

first, i’ll worry that my cat will be confused since i will never come back home again. i’ll worry she’ll wait outside my door waiting for me to come out.
Second, my bestfriends doesn’t deserve the pain and the regret when i leave.

to anyone that’s about to attempt or even thinking about suicide, please hold on a little longer. it will all get better. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

If there’s anything that’s keeping me alive, it’s always these:

1. My family
  2. My hobbies
  3. My friends
  4. My dream job
  5. My supportive and understanding girlfriend

I don’t know what I’ll be if it weren’t for any of these. But I’ll always remind myself that I’m not alone just like anyone else.

3 Likes

This helped me, thank you.

3 Likes