Very realistic dreams

I have been having very very real dreams, dreams that relates to the things I experienced during the day. Sometimes, it felt so real that I believed what happened in the dream was real. I have to think very hard whether something that happened was in the dream or in reality.

Is there something wrong with me :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Hi @anonymous163 !

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us, I hear you. I want to assure you that many people also experience realistic dreams. Sometimes, experiencing vivid and realistic dreams, especially ones that closely relate to your daily experiences and emotions, can be caused by stress or emotional upheaval. It doesn’t necessarily mean that there’s something wrong with you, but it could be a reflection of your mind processing and trying to make sense of the events and feelings you’re experiencing during the day :slight_smile:

However, if these dreams are causing you distress or interfering with your daily life, it might be helpful to explore coping strategies or seek support from a therapist or counselor. They can help you understand the underlying causes of these dreams and provide help on how to manage them effectively so that you can carry on with your day better.

In the meantime, I encourage you to start practicing relaxation techniques before bed, such as deep breathing or meditation, and maintaining a consistent sleep schedule might help improve the quality of your sleep and reduce the intensity of your dreams :slight_smile:

Last but not least, remember to be gentle with yourself during this time :slight_smile: Let us know how you’re coping ok? Hear from you soon.

1 Like

I think it’s quite normal to have vivid dreams, especially when you’ve been thinking about certain things during the day. There’s a Chinese saying 日有所思 夜有所梦 - loosely translating to whatever you think about in the day is what you’ll dream about at night.

Are you able to control what happens during these dreams? :thought_balloon: