Is this normal?? Or not??

Recently feeling that everyday I wake up I panic from pressure, and I feel very lost in life. I want to achieve something but I find it very difficult to focus on the present. Like example, trying to summarise a book, How can I overcome this? Any suggestions to be present?

I want to do things I enjoy but I have no clue where to start. The lack of Information in my life makes it harder for me to understand people, and understand life itself.

1 Like

Dear @11Anonymous11 ,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you’re going through. It must be incredibly challenging to feel like you’re in a dark tunnel, unsure of where to find the light. I’m really glad you chose to reach out for support. It takes a lot of courage to open up about feeling lost and overwhelmed.

Let’s also take a moment to acknowledge and celebrate your strengths. Despite facing these difficult emotions, your willingness to seek support and explore ways to overcome these challenges shows remarkable resilience and determination. Your ability to reach out for guidance and your willingness to consider new approaches are truly praiseworthy. :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

If you feel comfortable, please share more about the pressure you mentioned. Is the pressure coming from external sources, such as family, friends, school, work, or is it more self-induced? And what specifically do you feel pressured to do? Understanding the source and nature of this pressure can help us explore strategies to alleviate it.

Struggling with certain tasks, like summarising a book, shouldn’t cause self-worth doubt. Your self-worth isn’t transactional; it shouldn’t fluctuate based on external circumstances. Your self-worth is non-negotiable.

I encourage you to embrace a growth mindset. This means trusting in your ability to learn and grow, even if progress takes longer than expected. Aim for incremental improvement, even just 1% each day. It’s crucial to find the next “just right” step to sustain growth without feeling overwhelmed.

If you encounter difficulties, approach them with curiosity. Explore what skills might be missing or what barriers might be present. Is the book too complex to grasp, or is there a lack of interest? By identifying these factors, you can work towards addressing them and developing the necessary skills.

It’s completely normal to encounter challenges when learning life skills such as emotional regulation, communication, and executive functioning, which includes tasks like summarising and organisation. The good news is that all these skills can be learned with practice and patience.

It’s okay to feel uncertain about where to start. Sometimes, simply beginning with one activity can provide clarity about whether it’s something you enjoy and want to pursue further. Every experience, whether successful or not, offers insights and opportunities for growth.

You can also consider exploring opportunities to volunteer with youth groups like Brahm Youth Care. Engaging with others in such environments can also help you build connections and support networks. You can learn from others’ experiences and gain new perspectives too.

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Take care,
CoolBreeze =)