what can i take to stop my anxiety

i often dissapoint my parents sometimes i dont even know what i did wrong but i cry alot and get anxious what can i take to stop this?

1 Like

Hi user 1215
I’m sad to hear that you’re going through this.
It is challenging to navigate relationships with parents and manage anxiety and emotions. Thank you for the courage to seek assistance♥️.

Firstly, please know that you don’t need to resort to taking anything to stop your emotions. Your feelings are valid and deserve to be acknowledged.

Instead of focusing on suppressing your emotions, consider exploring healthy coping mechanisms to manage anxiety and communicate effectively with your parents.

Some suggestions include:

• Practicing mindfulness and self-compassion
  • Journalling to work thru and process emotions
  • Engaging in physical activity to reduce stress
  • Seeking support from a therapist or trusted adult, such as a school counsellor
  • Learning assertive communication skills to express yourself effectively

Remember, your emotional well-being is crucial, and there are people who care about you and want to support you.

If you’re struggling with overwhelming emotions or need someone to talk to, please reach out to 1767, the SOS 24 hour hotline.

You are precious and will get thru this. you’re not alone! :heart:

1 Like

thank you ive tried most of it but ill try again🫶

1 Like

Why do you think you disappoint your parents? Did they say it or did you notice any reactions from them that made you feel this way? Tell us a bit more (if you can) - we’ll be here to listen and help as much as we can.

my parents, specifically my mom will say things like i was a curse from god or she must have done something bad in her prev life for me to be here but i dont know she used to hit me badly but now she doesnt anymore maybe because i told my school counsellor?

1 Like

That sounds very harsh coming from your mum. What did your school counselor say or advice for you to do?

i think it’s really natural to be anxious in that environment :frowning: are there any people that make you feel safe