Where is my future ?

I am 27 years old lady. I have been depressed almost 7 years till now. When first I was studying at college, I was part time at my sister’ coffee shop with no pay. My intention was helping my sister and my mother, until I got my first job. I was still part time, helping anytime if they short manpower. Wake up at 5/6 am, open shop, 7:30 drive to workplace, come back home at 8/9 pm. Keep working keep moving, but I realise no one appreciate my assistance. Being too hardworking was my failure, I saw this coming because if one day I miss out one task or be lazy for a moment. My mother will critize, the old me was working hard, talk politely. However no one know, my back was injured, i sometimes cant sit properly, my neck was injured, can even move my neck for a long period. I was sick almost until 39 degree celcius, but who care? No one care!

1 Like

Hi @user918

Thank you for sharing with us your frustrations and feelings, I hear you and we are here to journey with you. I’m truly sorry to hear about the challenges you’ve been facing, and I can see that you’ve been dealing with a huge amount of stress and hardship. It sounds like you’ve been shouldering a heavy burden, both physically and emotionally, while feeling undervalued and unappreciated.

Given the physical and emotional toll, I encourage you to prioritize your well-being. I would really like you to consider seeking medical attention for your injuries and health concerns. You could also try implementing self-care routines, such as taking breaks, getting adequate rest, and engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, can contribute to your overall mental and physical health. One thing you can try is practicing deep breathing, to help you stay calm and focused if things get overwhelming. You can also try to this activity to declutter your mind, to give you some rest emotionally.

I also think it’s important for you to communicate your needs with your family, by having an open and honest conversation with your family about your experiences and the toll it has taken on your health. Sometimes, expressing your feelings and setting boundaries can be difficult but can help others understand your perspective and bring a more supportive environment.

Also, considering your prolonged struggle with depression, seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor can offer a supportive space to explore your emotions, work through past experiences, and develop coping strategies. A mental health professional can provide guidance tailored to your specific needs. There are many resources available for you to seek support. For example, reaching out to someone at the Family Service Centre nearest to your home is one option. Another way is to speak to a trained professional here online:

Last but not least, if you ever feel overwhelmed or in crisis, please do keep these numbers and contact them in case of emergency or in case you find yourself in crisis:

Remember that your well-being is very important, and it’s okay to ask for support. Seeking professional help doesn’t diminish your strength; in fact, it can be a courageous step towards healing. Do let us know how you’re doing - we’ll be here to support you.