Would appreciate if you read this

Last year, i had many friends and was enjoying life. This year, yes i made friends but no one ever talks to me. I’m always alone, eating lunch alone, doing work alone. I have always kept things to myself and been a listening ear, although im not good at comforting. But what went wrong ? Why do people look at me with hatred? Is it me, or is it just harder to make friends these days. Everyone and anyone judge, people lack empathy.
Being left out is so common nowadays, everyone is selfish because as long as they are not the one suffering, why should they care?
I have never talked to anyone about how i am feeling. I often lie to myself. I’m not sure how to be truthful. I’m lost, i need support but no one os there. Honestly people around me are self centred, i mean it is natural to be selfish right? Maybe, who knows. I would rather have fake toxic friends than no friends, everyone needs a bit of company. I feel so lonely, but im not affected by it? Am i? I dont know how im feeling, probably neutral. Do i need help? I dont think so. Just here to rant because they need to start including lessons on empathy in schools, kids are only caring for themselves and everyone is so fake. I dont think there is one truthful person around me. Honestly, what is the world coming to. Earth’s dying, people are become more and more lacking of values, there are problems everywhere because its life. But there is some good, right?
Also i dont know what makes me happy anymore, seeing other people happy makes me feel something? I dont know, i think i really need someone to talk to, but they will judge because everyones human. Humans are so complicated, but its only natural right?

If you have read until here, thank you for having so much patience. Just here on some philosophical debates? Dunno if thats what you call them.

If everyone was nicer, more truthful, raised better. I think there would be lesser problems.
But at the same time, life is like a game, theres every tho ing and anything.

To the person reading this, you only live once (maybe not) so live the best life. Stay healthy, stay safe, i hope you live a fine life.

Just reread the whole thing that I wrote, sounds like some inner thoughts or something.

I think i thought too deep into this, im usually a very optimistic person. Happy go lucky, theres some good in everything (hopefully)

4 Likes

Hi @1outof7billion

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings here on this platform. I think it takes a lot of courage to be so vulnerable here, and I want to affirm your feelings - they are all valid.

It does sound like you’ve been going through a challenging time, and it’s completely normal to have moments of doubt and introspection. Loneliness and feeling disconnected from others can be incredibly tough to handle, especially when you’ve been used to having friends and enjoying life in the past. Sometimes our friends can change and have different values or ideas, and then we start drifting away from them - this is completely normal. Sometimes we feel confused about how everyone’s behaviour is so different from what we’re trying to preach in schools and on media, everyone seems “selfish” and self-centered - I think this is normal too, because somehow everyone is just in their own world trying to just get-by, that we forget to look at others and consider how others feel too.

I want to acknowledge that it is important to recognize- you’re not alone in experiencing these feelings. Many people go through periods of self-doubt and uncertainty about their relationships and the state of the world. You’ve touched on some significant societal issues, like the lack of empathy and authenticity, which can indeed make it harder to connect with others.

I want to encourage you, the fact that you’ve taken this step to reach out here on this platform is a huge significant moment. This is a positive step, and it shows a level of self-awareness and courage. While it’s natural for humans to have complex emotions and thoughts, it’s also natural to seek support and understanding from others.

You mentioned that you’re usually an optimistic and happy-go-lucky person. It’s important to remember that it’s okay to have moments of introspection and doubt. These moments can lead to personal growth and a deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you :slight_smile:

If you ever feel the need to talk to someone in a safe and non-judgmental space, do consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor. They can provide support and help you explore your feelings and thoughts in more depth. They can also share some helpful strategies to help manage your thoughts if they become overwhelming.

For starters, you can try these platforms if it’s less “scary” for you:

1. Limitless : Talk To Someone - Limitless
  2. CPH chat : https://www.cphonlinecounselling.sg/hc/en-us
  3. IMH CHAT : https://www.imh.com.sg/CHAT/Pages/default.aspx
  4. ec2.sg : https://fycs.org/ec2-sg

Please remember and know that you are not alone, and there is goodness in the world. Acts of kindness and authenticity still exist, and by seeking connection and understanding, you can continue to find moments of positivity and joy in your life.

Take care of yourself, and I genuinely hope you find the support and connection you’re looking for. Keep us updated on how you’re doing or if you have any other thoughts, do continue to share them with us here!

1 Like