Addicted to Social Media

It’s addictive I always get stuck on social media

2 Likes

i cope with getting off social media by going out and snapping pictures :grin:

2 Likes

I think it’s because of loneliness so they try to spend their time in social media

2 Likes

Neglecting real life relationships

2 Likes

Social media is the problem to procrastination

2 Likes

Addiction to social media can be a result of many problems. The cause of the addiction may not be as simple as one think. Which is why it is important to fully understand the reason why addiction to social media is a thing.

2 Likes

I think it is important to understand social media is not hurtful even if there are ppl who disagree.

2 Likes

I myself as i need to swipe through all social media accounts before i sleep and even during work everyday.

2 Likes

Usually, putting the phone away and listening the music helps for me!

3 Likes

I’ve experienced this myself and I always struggle to overcome this. What I do that helps is put a time limit on the app itself to help me be aware of how much time I’ve spent on the app

3 Likes

Social media can be quite addictive to teen in this generation. It is important to limit the time spent and create more wholesome memories in real life.

2 Likes

my friend is addicted to tiktok so I suggested he put a tiktok time limit per day
personally I usually am not very addicted as I am not very interested in social media

2 Likes

go to outdoors more and spend time with family and friend to distract yourself!!

2 Likes

Avoid looking at the phone for new notifications and go out of the house to experience nature and maybe find new hobbies in the process to overcome this addiction.

2 Likes

i think being on social media in moderation is normal however neglecting your relationships because of it can negatively affect our own mental wellbeing

2 Likes
  1. Have you or someone you know experienced signs of social media addiction? How did you or they address it?
    Yes i have, my classmate always plays games in class. I try to encourage them to go and do other activities outside the class like play netball
2 Likes
  1. Well, i would say i personally experience social media addiction firsthand. I think the best way to help stop this addiction is to just delete the entire app itself.
  2. I think in order to balance out we should focus on maintaining real life interactions with our friends and families instead of just focusing on connecting online

i cannot stop doom scrolling until i fall asleep

We should prioritize offline activities and Engage in hobbies, exercise, or spend time with loved ones without digital distractions.

I think it’s because of anxiety and the social media world is a way to escape from the real world.
But it would better if we can find a balance between them.