Breaking up

My boyfriend brokeup with me. we were seen as the happiest couple, i loved him and i still do but he asked for a breakup and i haven’t ate properly i would cry everyday and i am very drained. although we dated for only 8 months, I see him every single say at school we hang out so much even on weekends. He was the sweetest boy ever until he said i stresses him out since my anxious attachment issues kinda annoyed him. I’ve heard from too many people that i should ignore him but how can i just stop contact with someone i thought i would have a future with? I feel so drained and stressed and I miss his comforts and hugs

1 Like

I know it is easy to say to forget and move on but it is not that easy. But please remember you are not alone and this is the tiny part of the life journey. And one love is like a flower in a garden, after you break up , you will find another beautiful flower in the garden. The thing is you have to let go of the damaged flower until after you find another beautiful flower.

Accepting is hard. You will want to contact him and want him so badly. Once that thought comes up, remember to accept this is the breakup , talk to yourself everything comes and goes. Once you accept the pain and the breakup, you will let it go. Don’t ignore the pain, it is normal and accept that you have pains but have to stay with it for a while. Everything is sometimes not up to us.

And again, please try to accept the breakup although it is hard. But who knows he might come back to you when you drop it. For the moment, please do not contact him.
P.S: I am in the same situation as you so I fully understand . You are not alone!

2 Likes

:((( breakups are really hard… I’m sorry you’re going through it ><
I always see relationships as whether the 2 parties are suitable for one another. Maybe there are certain things you both need to go through and learn and grow before you’re ready for another relationship?
The time y’all spent tgt is still precious and while that may have come to an end, it doesn’t take away its goodness.
Looking forward, I see you know you have certain concerns with your anxious attachment style, and I’m confident you will grow into a better version of yourself, and when that happens, life will unfold in a way you can’t really expect but I’m sure you will enjoyyyy.
I know it’s hard for now >< I hope you know you’re not alone :people_hugging: time will work it’s magic, take care of yourself in the best ways possible okie! :muscle:t3:🫰🏼

1 Like

Dear @looooootte,

I’m sorry to hear about your breakup. :people_hugging: It can be incredibly tough, especially when you still care deeply for the person and have to see them daily. Remember, you’re not alone in feeling this way. Many people struggle with strong emotions after a breakup. It’s normal to feel a range of emotions, from sadness to confusion and even anger. Give yourself time to adjust to this new phase and to envision a new future for yourself. Your nervous system may need time to adapt, but with patience and self-care, you’ll find your way forward.

Some find the following strategies helpful after a breakup, and I hope they also prove beneficial for you too.

Allow Yourself to Feel: It’s okay to feel sad, hurt, and drained. Give yourself permission to experience these emotions without judgment. While these feelings can be uncomfortable it’s important to feel them to release them. You can journal out your feelings to help cope with the strong emotions. If the emotions feel overwhelming, doing calming breaths or grounding techniques can help reduce the intensity of the emotions.

Talk to Someone: Consider talking to a trusted friend, family member, or counsellor about your feelings. Having someone to listen can provide comfort and support.

Focus on Self-Care: Take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Make sure you’re eating healthily, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you joy.

Set Boundaries: If seeing your ex at school is causing you distress, consider setting boundaries such as limiting contact or avoiding certain situations for a while until you feel ready.

Explore Your Feelings:** Reflect on what you’ve learned from this relationship and how you can grow from it. It’s an opportunity to better understand yourself and your needs in relationships.

I hope the suggestions provided have been helpful for you. If you’d like more resources or would like to share more, please let us know. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your challenges with us. Remember, your feelings are valid, and you are important. Take things at your own pace and prioritise your well-being during this difficult time. Please be kind to yourself.

Warm regards,
CoolBreeze =)

1 Like

omg!! thankyou soo much!! its been a week for me and i feel so much better! I still think about him but i realised he didn’t treat me well and he hurt me a lot so i am slowly trying to heal and focus on my closer friends and studies and basically everything around me except him!! Although it is a little difficult for me to just ignore him since we are in the same school I kinda would still pass by him every day and get thoughts in my head, I feel stronger and have better self control!!

I hope you’re also feeling better by now! Love you lots, hugs and kisses xoxo

omg tysmmmm!!! I am slowly healing and dressing up like how I always wanted to, I am feeling so much better! Thank you for your kind words!! Hugs and kisses xoxo

woahh!!! thank you sooo soo soo much!! I took those advices and I already feel so much better since it has been a week. I started doing more of hobbies that I never got to do while being in a relationship, I feel so much better! Thank you so much for your advices, I hope both sides of your pillow is cold, hugs and kisses xoxo

hi @looooootte,

That’s wonderful to hear! You’re most welcome. :grinning: Thank you for sharing with us an update. Well done on prioritising your self-care! :clap:t4: :clap:t4: I’m proud of you! :+1:t4:

It’s great that you’re rediscovering your hobbies and finding joy in them. Keep taking care of yourself, and remember that support is always here for you if you need it.

Wishing you all the best :orange_heart:

1 Like

so happy for you, truly!! 'm glad to hear youre feeling better!! xoxo to you too!!!
anytime, good or bad, you can share here again okie :blush: :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

You are going thru same thing as my friend.
Such an idiot for leaving someone like you.
The romantics are hard to find these days.
My friend never moved on though, but she kept her boundaries!
Since u guys broke it off, i think what u cn do is to respect his personal space. Sometimes, guys will miss u but dont fall for it. He just misses the idea your touching i guess.
Okay so it’s actually fairly easy. You might think it’s love, but lemme tell you even couples that have been together for decades can fall apart if a better option comes around. So girl, you are not losing out here! You’ll soon fall in love with another guy. For now, it’s difficult cuz u have perhaps fallen head over heels for him. But i assure you, another love will blossom at the right time.

Now ah girl, study study study! You gotta up your standards for your future husband! If not, make people know ur value! My mom always said smart girls are diamonds in a sea of pearls. You will push thru this setback and find love when time permits!

1 Like