Conflicting Emotions

I feel like my emotions and thoughts are constantly contradicting. I ask myself what’s the worst that could happen as a way to try and combat my excessive worrying, and while I don’t have a definitive answer, I still feel that something terrible could happen.

I’ve been in an emotional hell the past few months, and everytime I start slowly accpeting my situation and maybe start feeling a little better about it, something happens and I’m back to feeling like hell. So I try not to expect anything because I don’t want to be disappointed anymore, but I still can’t help myself from thinking something good might happen.

I’m in a constant conflicting state of being positive and negative. I’m exhausted. I wish I coud turn off all my emotions and thoughts.

2 Likes

I feel you and have been in a similar situation a couple of years back as well - specifically during the circuit breaker period. It must be really tiring to experience these ups and downs.

What is negatively impacting your emotions? Is there anyway you could step away from it for a while to do something that you enjoy? I find that changing the environment that causes you stress often helps (but only if you have the opportunity to do it).

2 Likes

I have a lot of stress regarding work - my internship ends in about a month so I’m trying to hang onto that but I still worry a lot about things that could go wrong before I leave.

It works when I’m at home, not while I’m at work. Although recently, I find myself struggling to focus on my other distractions. I had this issue at the start but it started getting better until now. I feel like I’m slowly reverting back to that state.

1 Like

Ah thanks for sharing, @tryingtheirbest. Work stress is definitely not easy to manage. What’s the source of stress? Does it come from your supervisor or the nature of work or the workload or your colleagues?

A month is not very long but I can imagine how dreadful it can be to go to work if you’re so stressed up.

Have you spoken to anyone about this? Eg your family members or friends outside of work?

my family more or less know i’m stressed, and they try to help but there’s not much i can really do to change anything because there’s nothing i can do at work. i’m just doing my best to get through this last month, but im really tired lol

1 Like

I can understand, I’ve had some bad experiences at work before too and it’s very tiring to go through that rollercoaster of emotions. Good that there is an “end” to this that you can look forward to. Can start prioritizing yourself and wind down in this last month!

What are you doing for self care? And what plans do you have in mind once you get out of this place?

1 Like

well, i haven’t really been doing a lot of self-care i guess because of how stressed I am heh… mostly just trying to watch shows I’m interested in but sometimes it’s a little hard to concentrate because my mind wanders off sometimes.

i don’t have many plans when I leave either, I think I’d like to just rot for a little while because I’ve been so on edge the past few months. but maybe i’d ask out some friends, and hopefully feel more free

1 Like

Here’s an unsolicited recommendation for Single’s Inferno 3 haha. Keeps you on edge too but hopefully in a better way than your work. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

not really sure dating shows are my thing but i’ll keep that in mind haha… thanks for keeping the conversation going :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help in any way I can! What kind of shows do you like?

the kind of shows i watch generally fall into the category of american firefighter, cop, or medical dramas :sweat_smile: at the moment i’ve started watching law and order: svu, not sure if you’ve heard of it. i’m only on season 2 (there are 24 seasons bless) so far

1 Like

Sorry I missed your message!! I haven’t watched law and order. Is it good?

I like shows like Money Heist (& Berlin) or generally apocalyptic / science fiction shows like Black Mirror, Snowpiercer and The 100.

the crimes they handle are the grape types so if you can’t handle that then probably not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Woah that’s quite dark haha but speaking about dark - you might enjoy Kill Sera Sera. #supportlocal

ahaha maybe i’ll take that into account, thanks!

1 Like

ive seen sooo many fb videos on the law and order svu!! semi hooked hahahah but i cant commit to watching every episodes and seasons, theres too many of them!!! haha

2 Likes