Congrats i have no motivation or discipline in life....

Had diagnosed with adhd since last year is a sudden epiphany of all cause of my job loss.

Over the span of two years I have lost 4job(s) due to workplace discrimination from healthcare settings as well as discrimination against individuals whom are flawed but serving the healthcare sector tenaciously.

Yea, currently unemployed and in the middle of career transition the past encounter(s) had make me protective and intentive towards others intentions whether their intentions are selfish or out of goodwill.

How can adhd adult work well with other rest of the neurotypical individuals.

Adulthood are full of hypocrisy. … And my brain are just not wired to read these normal people behaviour.

Like, it seems difficult to say no to their plead.

And if I say yes , they find me people pleasing :rofl:

The world of neurotypical(s) are confusing to me.

2 Likes

Hi @Ouchast_93

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I want to acknowledge the challenges you’ve faced in your career and the impact that ADHD has had on your life. I can tell that you’re working through a complex and sometimes frustrating journey - I hear you and I feel you.

ADHD can indeed present unique challenges, especially in the workplace where interactions and expectations may differ. But I think it’s great that you’ve gained awareness of your ADHD, as this self-awareness is an important first step toward finding strategies that work for you.

Here are some suggestions that might help you work more effectively with neurotypical individuals and work through the complexities of the workplace:

1. Open Communication:
  • Be open and honest about your ADHD with colleagues if you feel comfortable. It can foster understanding and create an environment where people are more supportive.
  1. Advocate for Yourself:
  • Clearly communicate your needs, whether it’s about workspace arrangements, deadlines, or task assignments. Advocating for accommodations that suit your working style can make a significant difference.
  1. Break Tasks into Smaller Steps:
  • Breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable steps can help you stay organized and focused. It also makes it easier for neurotypical colleagues to understand your process.
  1. Use Tools and Technology:
  • Leverage organizational tools, calendars, and apps to help you stay on top of deadlines and tasks. This can be helpful for both you and your neurotypical colleagues.
  1. Establish Routines:
  • Creating routines can add structure to your day and enhance productivity. Share these routines with your colleagues so they can better understand your work style.
  1. Set Boundaries:
  • It’s okay to say no when necessary. Setting boundaries is crucial for everyone, and it’s a skill that can be developed over time.
  1. Educate Others:
  • If you encounter misunderstandings or biases, consider educating your colleagues about ADHD and its impact. Awareness often leads to empathy and better collaboration.

Remember, it’s okay to ask for support, and perhaps seeking guidance from a mental health professional or ADHD coach can provide you with more personalized strategies :slight_smile: You’re not alone, and I truly believe that your unique perspective and strengths can be valuable assets in any workplace.

Take care, and feel free to share more if you find it helpful! We’ll be here to support you.

1 Like

Is challenging, imagine taking CNS stimulants getting ostracised by colleagues seeing you like a stoner.

Is just really bad.

I mean sometimes i do feel ritalin might not work well for me and I might need to get vynase :rofl:

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re going through a challenging experience, especially with the potential stigma from colleagues regarding the use of CNS stimulants. It’s important to prioritize your well-being and find the right medication that works for you :slight_smile:

Have you considered discussing your concerns with a healthcare professional who can provide guidance on the most suitable medication and offer support in managing potential social perceptions?

It might be helpful to speak to a professional who can process with you about your thoughts on these social expectations. If you need support in this area, it might be good to reach out to a nearby Family Service Centre or a professional online who can help take you through your thoughts, or even if it’s just a listening ear:

Additionally, I would recommend trying out these tools to help you with the challenges of feeling ostacized. These tools will be helpful for you to focus on your own growth and be more confident in yourself:

1. Self-compassion - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  2. Guided meditation - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
  3. Reframe thoughts - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg
    4.Relaxation - Mental Support & Wellbeing Resources in Singapore to Improve Your Mental Health | mindline.sg

Let us know what else is on your mind, we’ll be here to support you further.

1 Like

How to work with normal people like you ?.

Like , should mental health individual be very inauthentic or extremely fake to normal people.

:joy:Masking myself is exhausting.

1 Like

Lately the psychiatrist and the care coordinator in IMH is pushing around me.

And this living path is offering me a session worth 120-180 session to me who is jobless for a few years.

Now I just dont know how to work with normal people.

Maybe should be more fake and extremely inauthentic to them and it works.

But theyre loathing me :joy: that whats they did to me.

1 Like

Welcome back, @Ouchast_93! Honestly, I’m not sure too. What is considered “normal”?

Regardless, I think being authentic is still important but I guess we also need to accept that we can’t control what others think.

Lol too authentic becomes weird.

And now would have to learn to say no some of the time to reserve myself.

And not been helpful either.

Too nice is a weakness and cause 4 of my job loss.

1 Like