Depress and alone

I feel alone and depress. Most of my friends are attached and they don’t have time to go out or chat with me anymore. I am not one who make friends easily as I am not funny nor entertaining. I prefer to have meaningful relationships with a few people. Life feels the same to me everyday even though I have a decent job, fitness and hobbies.

1 Like

Hi @Suhan88

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, I hear you and I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling alone and depressed. I can hear that you’re experiencing a sense of isolation, especially as your friends have become less available. I can understand that you prefer meaningful relationships over superficial connections (I do too!), and it can be tough when those connections feel scarce.

Even though you have positive things in your life like a decent job, fitness, and hobbies, it’s clear that these things aren’t filling the void you’re experiencing. It’s okay to feel this way, and I want you to know that your feelings are valid.

Perhaps you can share more about this through reflecting on the questions below:

1. What specific activities or situations used to bring you joy or a sense of connection with others before you started feeling this way?
  2. Can you identify any patterns or triggers in your interactions with your friends or in your daily routine that might be contributing to your feelings of loneliness and depression?

If you’re open to it, it might be helpful to seek emotional support from a therapist near you, so that you can have a safe space to explore these feelings and work towards finding more fulfilling connections in your life. You can try these options below:

Let me know if you’ve managed to reach out to any of the professionals to support you. And share with us your reflections about those questions so we can continue to support you too.

Hear from you soon!