Finding a mentor

How do I find a mentor ? Is my psychologist/therapist a mentor ? I am finding it so hard to find a mentor :pleading_face: should I ask my psychologist/ therapist is she a mentor - but somehow, I find it so awkward to ask thou :joy: Urgh I am so shy to even ask questions

5 Likes

Hey, glad that you shared your queries here although you feel shy! Sounds to me that you are looking for a mentor, if I could clarify, which areas of mentorship are you looking for? Could be like a career-oriented mentoring, or education pathway oriented mentoring, etc.

5 Likes

for general life - i just need guidance overall :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are there any questions on your mind? Maybe you could share some specifics and tap on the community’s experience. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

questions on my mind are how will i know i have found one, if i need correction- will my mentor guide me with it in a not so harsh manner and if i need help, will my mentor be willing to help

1 Like

I think your therapist / psychologist is probably not considered a mentor. You’ll need to find a mentor elsewhere, preferably someone who you look up to in a specific area. Maybe a good place to start is https://mentoring.sg/.

In my experience, mentorship depends a lot on the chemistry between the mentor and the mentee. If you find the right mentor, your mentor should be able to help you grow and address your issues appropriately.

1 Like

right, i know both roles are different but its so hard to find haha @jaws thanks for recommending :slight_smile: , i will check it out :grin:

1 Like

let us know how it goes! if you’re still schooling then maybe can also find someone in your school or if you are in the workplace, some workplaces also have a mentoring program that you could tap on. all the best! :muscle:

2 Likes

im doing both :sob: im trying to cope but i am struggling too thats why i hope i can find a mentor that can help

1 Like

Wonderful you asked that @Jelfel .

Fortunately, I was made aware of the difference between a coach and a mentor when I was doing my Holobody coach certification.

There is a difference between coaching, mentoring and therapy.
Any person can be all three, two of them or just one.

A mentor is someone who guides you in life using their own life experience !

A simple way to decide is:

• Check even if you need a mentor or not?
  • What type of mentoring do you need? Is it education, career, physical health, etc.

You can always consult me for FREE about this.

Thanks.

1 Like

thanks for telling me what is a mentor roughly, i thought it was someone who guides you only :zipper_mouth_face: but wow using their own experience - sounds like i need to find someone like my friends or someone i know who had gone through what i go through is it :joy: but @theweekendyogi : how to even check if you need a mentor or not ? and thanks for telling me that i can always reach out to you to consult you about this :grin: appreciate your help

2 Likes

im so happy to say - i have found a coachapist as a mentor , phew its nice to finally found a mentor HAHA before i turn 25 YO :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really happy for you and I hope that your mentor will help guide you in life and I wish you all the best in your endeavours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank You :slight_smile: im happy cuz my mentor is also a coach and a therapist :slight_smile: so im glad i found like all 3 at one HAHA but im really scared what if it never work out lol

1 Like

I learned a new word today - “coachapist” haha but happy for you that you found someone that fits your needs!

1 Like

yes my mentor is a coachapist HAHA

1 Like

Happy for you @Jelfel !

1 Like

thank you @theweekendyogi :slight_smile: