Having a tough time

Hey,

Was wondering how can I find the motivation to exercise or engage in meaningful activities because recently I’ve been so struggling to get out of bed.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there, glad that you are able to reach out! I hear that it has been difficult for you. You do want to feel better and you’re making an effort to find ways to engage in meaningful activities. Wondering what would meaningful activities look like to you, and how often do you exercise previously vs now?

1 Like

Hi @sunflowersnsunshine

Thank you for replying! Hmm, been having trouble finding the energy and motivation to go to school and work. Additionally, I also find it hard to engage in my hobbies like doing art and craft… all I want to do is lie in bed all day…

As for my exercise, I used to go cycling/ swimming weekly but lately I don’t have the energy or motivation to engage in them too.

1 Like

Hello! Hear that you are juggling both school and work, that sounds quite tiring! How are you coping with that? Personally I am quite prone to burn out myself so I would be so lethargic all the time :frowning: Hope things are going okay for you?

I gathered that you used to spend a lot of time engaging in your hobbies and exercise, hence it makes sense for you to be concerned with your lack of motivation/ disinterest in these activities now because it is a stark difference, is that right?

1 Like

Hey @sunflowersnsunshine

On most days it’s still manageable to juggle school and work but lately I’ve been having a tough time coping…

Additionally I’m worried about how I am starting to lose interest and motivation in the things I love to do…

I’m scared that I’m relapsing

2 Likes

It makes sense to feel worried and scared of being back in a state of struggling :frowning: Who knows what you are going through, and how did you manage to cope with your previous episode before this? :frowning:

1 Like

@sunflowersnsunshine

I texted my school counsellor this morning to tell him that I am struggling (Didn’t go into detail) but we arranged for a session this Thursday and fingers crossed that it’ll help :slight_smile:

1 Like

As for how I managed to cope with my previous episode, I used to talk/ flag it out to my (previous) counsellor, she has since left and now I’m currently seeing a new counsellor and that’s probably partially why I’m also struggling because I miss my previous counsellor and now trying to adjust to my new counsellor…

1 Like

Sounds like a lot :frowning: Having to get used to new routines/ day-to-day, different people, transiting from phase to phase in life is never easy. Proud of you for doing your best to cope. Rooting for you and hope things go well this Thur!

2 Likes