help me help you

hi i need help. i dont know what to feel honestly or what should i do. i feel like the friend group im in hates me. i have 6 people including me in my friend group. they talk and joke about each other and eat out together most of the time without inviting me ofc. only because when i ask if i could join. they do not talk to me online and only offline. they don’t really talk to me unless i talk to them.
they dont text me at all or even ask to play games with me. i didn’t do anything that’s upsets them and iv been helping them a lot more than an average friend. i feel like maybe they don’t want me at all but i also don’t want to distance from them as one of my friend in the group has been with me the longest and he suddenly didn’t talk much to me because of this friend group

Hi LastMoreTry

Thank you for the courage to reach out for help in an effort to better understand and address what you are currently experiencing. When you shared how the whole group has been leaving you out, you sound disrespected, confused and sad. These feelings are deeply valid and understandable. It’s normal to
be feeling left out, ignored, and uncertain about your place in the friend group. Please hang in there, and I believe the following suggestions could help::heart:

1. Reflect on your feelings: Identify why you want to stay in the group despite feeling excluded.

2. Communicate openly: Share your feelings with the friend you were closest to from the group, using “I” statements to express your emotions and avoid blame. Given your long friendship, I think you may be more comfortable to check in with him and find out if there are any specific reasons you are being left out.

3. Nurture other relationships: Focus on friendships outside this group.

4. Reevaluate the friendship: Consider distancing yourself if the negative feelings outweigh the positive aspects. Be honest to yourself, and evaluate if the friendship is aligned to your values.

5. Seek support: Talk to a trusted friend, family member, or counsellor about your feelings.

Remember, you always deserve to feel valued, respected as an equal and included in friendships. Please take care of yourself and prioritize your emotional well-being.:heart:

Hello @LastMoreTry :wave:t2: !! Thank you for sharing your story. I’m sorry that you’re going through this. It sounds like you’re having an incredibly tough and confusing situation, especially when it seems like you have invested so much into your friendship.

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge that your feelings are valid. It’s understandable to feel sad from being left out and it make sense that you’re questioning what’s wrong and etc. Additionally, I know it can be particularly confusing when they only engage or text you when you aren’t online.

Maybe, you would like to try and have a talk with your friends to understand what they exactly want or find out what’s going on.

It’s also crucial to recognise that friendship groups can evolve in ways that leave us feeling alienated, even if we haven’t done anything wrong. If you feel like you’ve given your all to this group and they still don’t reciprocate, it’s okay to step back. I understand how difficult it is, especially given your long-standing friendship, but your well-being is as important. Remember that you do not have to entirely cut relationships, you can take a step back, focus on other friendships or interests, and see how things progress. Often, when we stop chasing people’s attention, it becomes evident who truly values us :heart_hands:

Most importantly, do not blame yourself for their actions. You have been a kind and supporting friend, which is something to be proud of, regardless of how others behave. You deserve friends that make you feel included and valued. Take it one step at a time, and don’t be scared to prioritise your own happiness :smile:

1 Like

the thing is that even if he was the closest. he don’t really talk much about feels and telling my friends about my feelings won’t help as they are the type of person who doesn’t talk about “feelings” and they don’t help at all. iv experienced. the reason i stayed because other then them i have no one else and it be very awkward for me in school being alone and i hate being alone. my biggest challenge is that i hate it when people don’t text me at all. i just hate that feeling of being left out. when someone doesn’t text me, i would feel very uneasy because they text others but not me so i keep thing to my self what did i do. what’s wrong with me???

Hi LastMoreTry,

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through this. It sounds tough to feel left out in a friend group, especially when you’ve been putting in effort to help and be there for them.

It’s completely natural to feel hurt and confused by this situation. Have you considered talking to your friend who has been with you the longest about how you’ve been feeling? Communication might help clear things up, and it’s important for your well-being to be surrounded by people who appreciate and support you.