i can’t get over it

it happened a long time ago but i can’t get over it.
my brother did something to me multiple times which is somewhat inappropriate. i even told my mother about it. she told me not to tell anyone even my father about it.
i really don’t know what to do cause it have been hunting me ever since it happened

2 Likes

how would you describe your relationship with your brother now?

Hello @ysua,

I’m truly sorry to hear about these incidents that happened to you in the past and how it still haunts you to this day… Especially given how it occured with a family member who is supposed to be someone who should be on the look out for you. This breach of trust is also conflicting given that you sought assistance from your mother and you were not provided with options that helped you make sense of what happened… I want to let you know that what you’re thinking and feeling are valid given the circumstances :people_hugging:

I can’t imagine how distressing it is for you this whole time… I wonder how do you try to cope with it? What is it that you do to help with your mood? How do you express your feelings? Perhaps you can consider expressing your feelings in a manner that is fair to yourself.

Also, are you able to keep yourself safe - this could mean reducing contact or time together with your brother is supervised by a trusted adult. I want to commend you on your self-awareness in seeking out support - have you been able to speak to other people you trust and are able to help? This could give you another avenue or opportunity to reach out and be heard.

I also hope that you’re taking care of yourself like getting regular meals, finding time to exercise, getting hydrated, prioritising restful sleep, engaging in a relaxing activity, practicing gratitude, staying connected, etc. And to help with the distress, I hope you can be kind to yourself and do reach out for professional support to help you if it gets too overwhelming:

• Samaritans of Singapore, SOS (1-767)
  • SOS’s 24hour CareText: 9151 1767 (via WhatsApp)
  • Institute of Mental Health’s 24 hour helpline (6389 2222)
  • Family Service Centres
  • James Cook University Clinic
  • NIE Wellness Centre
  • NUS Clinical & Health Psychology Centre

Let us know what you think about this - we’re more than ready to listen to you. I want you to know that you deserve and can get all the support that you need. Hope to hear from you soon, take care! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @ysua , I just wanted to say that you’re very brave for coming on this platform and sharing about what you’ve went through. Must have been difficult.

Please reach out to me on Instagram @atikaooi.vox if you can, maybe we can work something out together so you don’t need to face this problem alone…

hello thr!! im sorry to hear tht you experience this kind of thing. its not an easy way for you to come to this platform and talk about it. but you are so brave of doing so therefore im rlly proud of you for stepping out frm your comfort zone. but if he still continue to do it then i think its best to have smtg tht you cn prove. to show tht it rlly happen. hope this helps:)