Lecherous father

My father stalks me and peeps at me in our house, tried to confide in my mother about it, but she thinks its no big deal, since he can only peep but not able to touch me, she is the closest to me in my family, I feel SO HURT, no one else in my family (2 more elder brothers) will be able to understand, I have no one else to confide in, I wish to die, so my family members will only then be able to understand my pain WHILE I WAS alive, I want them to regret.
I already have mild depression but this and many other issues worsened my depression, I am really tired of life…


hI @user0204 I hear you. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through such a distressing situation. It’s crucial to prioritize your safety and well-being. You deserve support and respected in your own home. We are here to help you get through this, call us anytime 1-767. Take care, :orange_heart:


It must have hurt so much for your mum to brush this off. Maybe she didn’t realise how traumatizing this is for you.

Do you have your own room at home? It’s important to keep yourself safe as you find ways to recover from this.

Hi @user0204

Thank you for taking the courage to share this with us, I hear you and I am truly sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult and painful experience. It’s incredibly brave of you to reach out and share your feelings. It must be incredibly distressing to feel betrayed by those closest to you, especially when you’re seeking support and understanding.

Feeling hurt, alone, and unsupported can be very overwhelming, especially when dealing with such deeply personal and traumatic experiences. It’s understandable that you’re feeling exhausted and overwhelmed by the weight of it all. Please know that your feelings are valid, and you deserve to be heard and supported.

I am truly concerned about your wellbeing, and I would like to share 2 suggestions for you:

Firstly, considering the seriousness of your situation, I urge you to reach out to a trusted adult outside of your family circle for support. This could be a teacher, school counselor, or another trusted authority figure who can help you work through this difficult situation and ensure your safety. Please know that there is no shame in seeking help for yourself. I would really encourage you to call either of these numbers (it’s free and confidential) to ask for advice specific to your situation - please do at least speak to a professional helper about this:

  • AWARE Women’s Helpline: 1800 777 5555
  • Sexual Assault Care Centre (SACC) : 6779 0282
  • SOS : 1767

Secondly, it might be helpful to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor who specializes in supporting individuals dealing with family issues and depression. They can provide you with a safe space to explore your feelings, develop coping strategies, and work towards healing.

Remember, you are not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to help you through this difficult time. You deserve to find peace and safety. Please consider reaching out for professional help and support. Let me know if you’ve managed to call either of those numbers for advice.

Hear from you soon.

1 Like