I can't help hating my family, they sucks

my mom passed away last year, since then I have been staying with my maternal family.
I just couldn’t bring myself to talk with them, y’all know? They are just old people who just dealing with their own health problems, while I am working at home (and going out for teaching classes) to get away from them. I am glad to be working on weekends, so I don’t have to spend the outing time with them on weekends (means more argument). I really want to move out and live for myself, so I am saving money too. None of them care about my stress just wanting to make everything all right, since my mom passing :slight_smile:
also i have my cousins who keep coming after my ■■■ just because i am busy with my life, saying why don’t i bother to talk to the old folks just because we have nothing in common? I also can’t help pulling middle finger behind their backs, such a way to deal with my internal anger issues.

1 Like

Hi @Monnie98, thanks for sharing your story. I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time right now with your home life. Having to cope with the loss of your mother and transitioning to living with your maternal family must not have been easy for you.

It sounds like you feel misunderstood by your relatives and instead of trying to understand what you are stressed about, they just want to make things right in their own ways. I wonder if communicating your needs to them would help to improve this situation. Perhaps if you help them understand what is truly stressing you out, they might be able to see things from your perspective and adapt their support for you. Clear and calm communication might also help reduce the arguments that occur. Alternatively, you might wish to refrain from stressful topics altogether and talk about the positive things that happened in your day instead. This would help keep the conversations lighthearted and allow you to guide the topics so you will feel more comfortable talking to them.

I hear you on wanting to get a place of your own and I am glad that you are working hard and saving money so you can achieve that goal! I respect that you may wish to simply continue avoiding your relatives in the meantime, but it may be a while before you are able to move out and it seems like there is tension and frustration because of your avoidance thus far. Perhaps consider the suggestion on communicating with them, and please feel free to let us know if you need any help on that! We’re here to support you ٩(。•́‿•̀。)۶

1 Like

Hi @Jane thanks for your reply
honestly i don’t think they are going to care whether i am bothered to talk with them or not, they are too occupied with their egos thinking, “oh the more of us stay together the merrier” BS and I am just here minding my business, stuck in the room almost 24/7 before going out on weekends for work. I have a grandma who is dying of colorectal cancer anyway, and while she still can move around on her walking stick, we really don’t see the point in letting her going thru chemotherapy at age 84. My cousins are also stuck up with their egos too, thinking the BS that this is for better, saying the soul of my mom also thinks that too. The superstitious BS ain’t for me.
However, I really want to join any chatroom available on let’s talk, if given an opportunity. Just want to chill and stop thinking about BS in life since 2020 happened.

1 Like