I feel lost and don't know what to do

idk what’s wrong with me , I just feel like giving on everything, it seems to be my fault of everything ( unable to reach home on time to help to look after my cousin ) I feel like I’m useless , I felt hopeless most of the time … idk what to do … I just feel like I can hold it anymore I want to push my bf away cause I want him to find someone better than me but idk what to do … I rlly need to cool down mentally and physically

1 Like

Sounds like you really need a break from all the overwhelming emotions. What happened? Was there anything that made you feel like it’s your fault? Would like to hear more but only if you’re comfortable to share!

I feel very overwhelmed with my studies , rs and work .
rs is slightly unstable and a lot of argument ,currently seeing Psy and on meds but symptoms don’t seems to improve as is not easy for me to comply with the meds I would just thought of just dying off … I know is negative vibes but my emotions is trying to take over me. My fam tends to push the blame to me … I feel guilty but I need some break and rest … like yesterday me n my friend hang out till 9 pm then reach home then they kind of just say me off like why so late then come home I told u to come back early what, why can’t u just listen to instructions …

1 Like

Hi @vc07,

Thanks for coming on here and sharing about your struggles with being overwhelmed and how it’s affecting your life - how your feeling right now is valid given your circumstances and what you’re going through. :people_hugging:

It will be helpful if you’re able to take a step back and catch your breath, as it’s extremely difficult to see the the bigger picture and to figure out what to do when you’re caught in the throes of things. I hear you when you say you’re overwhelmed with studies, relationships, and work - it must be tiring and hopeless to the point where you’re unsure of everything and you’d wish all of this is over - so taking a pause gives you some space first.

A lot of things seem to be happening and feels like it’s out of your hands or not within your control - what can you do in the meantime to gain control over some of these things? Before that, the focus should be on yourself first - can you be more gentle to yourself at the moment. Give yourself what you need; postpone or seek assistance if you need to make any important decisions, and discuss how you’re feeling with your partner, family and friends to let them know what you’re going through and need at the moment. Also, have you been taking care of yourself? If not, do consider:

• Getting regular exercise
  • Geting healthy and regular meals
  • Staying hydrated
  • Prioritising restful sleep
  • Engaging in a relaxing activity
  • Being kind to yourself
  • Checking if your thoughts are accurate & helpful

You mentioned your emotions trying to take over and that you’re finding it difficult to comply with medication (I’m curious to know what the medication is supposed to be helping you with?) - I wonder what have you done before that helped you to cope? I also want to commend you for having the self-awareness to seek help (e.g., seeing a Psychiatrist) and coming on here to ventilate and hopefully regulate your mood a little bit better. The thing with emotions is that there’s probably a message behind it that’s trying to let you know if something is unmet and if you’re able to notice what that could be, perhaps that can shed light on what actions you can take to meet those needs. :slightly_smiling_face: Remember that you deserve and can get the necessary support you need. Until then, hope to hear from you and take care!

1 Like

thanks for the guide , currently taking faverin 75mg seen psychiatrist, previously I would go to the beach alone but currently busy with school term

1 Like

Hi @vc07 ! It’s definitely normal to feel that way and your feelings are valid! Do not be afraid to ‘let out’ of your feelings at times but at the same time do not be too harsh on yourself!

1 Like

thanks for your advice

1 Like

Actually it seems like you have a very high sense of self-awareness and you kinda know and want to do the right things. What are your usual coping mechanisms?

It can be very overwhelming to deal with studies, relationship and work all at the same time. If there’s one thing that you’d want to improve the most, which one would it be? Maybe can try to tackle it step by step so it’s not so overwhelming?