is this normal to have?

i always feel so tired during the day and once it reaches night time i can’t fall asleep at all… i will just roll around in bed and overthink about a bunch of stuff and the cycle repeats! i tried to count sheep and stop overthinking but i can’t control myself.

i also wonder if i suffer from anxiety/ depression. i am always worried about everything especially future events and uncertainty such as whether i can make friends in uni… i also think that i place too much importance on my body image. I have severe acne and i am currently on accutane and i am always so worried how others view me that i keep looking at myself in the mirror… i always feel so down because i feel ugly cause of how bad my skin is. I also used to vomit my food out whenever i indulge cause i feel fat and yes i know it is unhealthy and i have refrained myself from doing that. sometimes i just feel that i cannot function properly because all i think about in the moment is how i look, do other people think i am ugly, think i am fat and so on and it ruins my mood for the day. sometimes when i look at candid pictures of myself, i will feel terrible about myself because i look absolutely like ■■■■.

i also worry about unnecessary stuff such as like did i lock the door properly or did i close the fridge… that sometimes i will walk back home just to check cause i am afraid that someone will rob the house although there is no reason to believe so

i also feel easily irritated and annoyed over everything that sometimes i just lash out or give people the cold shoulder for no reason.

1 Like

Dear @abc12

It sounds like you’re going through a challenging time. Thank you for sharing your challenges with us. I appreciate your courage to be vulnerable and open. It’s great that you’re aware of your feelings and seeking help. The difficulties you’re experiencing, such as feeling tired during the day and struggling to sleep at night due to overthinking, could indeed be related to anxiety or depression. It might be helpful to speak with a mental health professional who can provide a proper assessment and guidance on managing these issues.

Regarding your concerns about body image and acne, it’s common to feel self-conscious about physical appearance, especially when dealing with acne or undergoing treatments like Accutane. May I suggest considering this perspective too, that beauty is subjective, and your worth isn’t defined by your appearance. Many other strengths and traits are within you that are worth celebrating and appreciating. However, if these thoughts are significantly impacting your mood and self-esteem, therapy or counseling could offer strategies to improve body image and cope with negative thoughts.

Your mention of past behaviours like vomiting food and worries about unnecessary things like home security also indicate a level of distress that could benefit from professional support. These behaviours and concerns can be addressed through therapy, where you can learn coping skills, challenge negative thought patterns, and work on improving your overall well-being.

Feeling easily irritated or giving people the cold shoulder sounds like your nervous system is signaling that it needs more support. These reactions may stem from underlying stress or emotional struggles. Learning healthy communication and coping strategies through therapy can help manage these emotions and improve your relationships.

Overall, seeking professional support, such as speaking with a therapist or counsellor, can provide you with the tools and guidance to navigate these challenges and improve your mental and emotional well-being. Remember that it’s okay to ask for help, and taking steps towards self-care and self-improvement is a brave and positive decision.

Here are some community options you can consider:

Singapore Association for Mental Health (SAMH): 1800-283 7019
TOUCHLINE: 1800-377-2252
Care Corner Counselling Centre: 1800-353 5800
CHAT
Brahm Centre
Limitless

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Kind regards,
Cool Breeze =)

2 Likes

:people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging: from all that you’ve shared, it sounds like youre going through a lot :pleading_face:
I think it’s hard for anyone to work through multiple concerns at the same time, considering it takes effort and time~ but you have such clarity on all your various concerns, I think it’s already a huge plus. I really hope you also identify some good qualities abt yourself okie!!! Then we work on areas we can improve at the same time. So that it is easier on yourself yknow! being kinder to yourself is so impt to feeling better :heart:
i don’t know if it would make sense to you, but do u think choosing 1/2 concerns to work on improving will help? So you can make progress, no matter big or small, and go on this journey while acknowledging your own efforts and strengths :muscle:t3: