January Weekly Challenge #3: Write a letter to your future self

Want to know yourself better? Try writing a letter to your future self :memo: :pen:

Writing a letter to your future self can serve as a :sparkles: reality check :sparkles: and a self-reflection :mirror: of where you are in your life right now. It also acts as a reminder of what is valuable/meaningful to us. Moreover, this letter would act like a time-machine :alarm_clock: - imagine reading this letter 5, 10, 15 years from now - you’ll get to see how far you’ve grown!

Here are some tips on writing a letter to your future self. Remember to be kind to your future self, and share with them what you hope/ envision for yourself in the future!

:arrow_right: What are some of the values/ ideas/ beliefs that you want your future self to remember? Share them in the thread below!

You may also use the templates below to write your letters if you’d like to save it on your phones! :writing_hand: If you’re uploading them on your Instagram stories, remember to tag us @mindline.sg :wink:

Have fun writing your letters!

2 Likes

dear future self,

i hope you’re still continuing to work hard and striving to do your best in everything you do like you do now. whatever it is that you’ve put in a lot of time and effort into, i hope they’re worth it and the outcome manages to satisfy you. don’t be too hard on yourself and remember to have some breathers once in a while. if you’re facing any challenges, stay strong. you got this. push through. i’m proud of you :slight_smile:

-you from 2023

2 Likes

Dear future self,

I hope you’re still being kind and patient with yourself, and spreading kindness to everyone around you. I’m proud of you for making it this far! Continue impacting the people around you, and never stop learning from all sorts of experiences <3

2 Likes

Dear future self

I hope that whatever stage of life you are in right now, you are happy and feel contented with yourself. Regardless, I am so so proud of you and you are doing so well. Remember to take care of yourself while you chase your goals and dreams. Don’t skip your meals and try to sleep early! Spend more time with family and friends as well. Continue doing the things you love and I hope you become the best version of yourself <3

-Your 2023 self

2 Likes

dear future self,
i hope you have had the time to do what you like and still feeling happy hopefully most of the time. thank your for pushing through till now, good job. remember to take breaks and not overtire yourself!! remember that for every downs there is ups as well so dont be demoralised if you are not doing well ;-; jiayous!

2 Likes

Dear future self,
i hope that you are happy with your life now, it need not be very luxurious but at least happy with what you are studying or working. Hopefully by then you have also found a nice partner…
hopefully you are also spending time with mom and dad and meeting them to at least tgt

also hope you are still in contact with all your close friends now as well and have met new friends

2 Likes

Dear future self,

Heyy, how are you? I’m okay, I think. Has anything being going good? Did you manage to do the things that you wanted to achieve? I have a lot of questions I want to ask, but for your sake, I’ll stop here. Heh. There may be times when, things seem super hard or like life is super stale. But you know our motto, just take life with the flow. Right now, I think its easier to let life move at its pace and we follow it. What do you think? Has this mindset changed? If it has, then do you feel like you’re doing better than you were before? And if it has not, do you think that we should change this mindset? I don’t have the answers for these questions right now, so I hope that you do. But even if you don’t that’s fine too. Because we have so much to live for.

I have a lot more to say, but I’ll keep it short for now. I’ll try to be better so that you will be the best.

Love,
Pooja

2 Likes

Dear Future Me,
I hope that you are still spending your time with the friends you made and not rushing assignments like you are currently. Remain happy as that is what ur current self would want you to be.

1 Like

Dear future self,

I hope you are healthy, happy and haven’t lost sight of what’s important.

2 Likes

dear future self,

I hope you are doing well and feeling better. I hope that you are kinder to yourself now :> I’m proud of us for still being able to smile and picking ourselves up after whatever we’ve been through!

• Your 2023 self :blush:
1 Like

Dear future self,

I hope you’re happy with where you are at life right now and don’t forget to take a break once in awhile when things get too overwhelming:)

1 Like

Dear future self,

I hope you were able to accomplish your goal of getting into the company of your choice and are happy there to work. Also I hope you are able to live peacefully independantly away from family once you have to move out. Wherever you are now, always remember the friends who got you past the tough times and dont forget the grind never stops always keep going strong :slight_smile: and remember to take care of yourself when you are too indulged in something.

2 Likes

Dear future self,

I hope you are doing fine. Continue to be cheerful all the time! Do not get discouraged too easily! I hope that you can accept the outcome you have achieved in your life regardless of how bad or good it is. Do rest a lot especially tiring periods and exercise more often. Remember regardless of which school you are from, you have made the right choice.

1 Like

Dear future self,
I hope you are content with what you were able to achieve! Don’t stress out on the little things so much and just go with the flow! I hope you’re happy & healthy, don’t get so discouraged when things don’t go as planned. I hope you don’t lose track of what’s important, and continue to work hard!

1 Like

Dear future self,

Remember to live life as your most authentic self. I hope you have grown so much in all aspects of life. Stay healthy and don’t be afraid to go for new opportunities! Your younger self will be rooting for you always :heart_hands:

Love,
Your 2023 self

1 Like

dear future self, i hope that you can better learn to manage your stress and emotions, and that you’re more sure of your own judgment

1 Like

dear future self,
how are you? hope that you still spend time to do what you love! always step out and dont be afraid of trying new things! have a good day/afternoon/night😀

1 Like

Dear future self,
I hope u are doing okay and your health has gotten better. Im sorry to have prioritised studies over health. I have learnt my lesson and have started to be more cautious. Hopefully it has helped.

From me past self :pensive:

1 Like

dear future self,

hope you still have a life partner, enjoying the work you are doing and found what you want to be in life. Still that patient, kind, generous, loving person?

Stay neutral always and maybe the quirky and unique side is still inside you. Keep growing and learning. You are doing your best. <333

1 Like

Dont want to post my whole letter because it’s personal but I hope that my future self won’t become too jaded and would still hold on to curiosity and optimism about the world and future

1 Like