July Weekly Challenge #3: Reflection, Mindfulness, Growth! (Part 2) 🌿

Last week, we challenged ourselves to reflect on the past mindfully.

We can now move onto another, just as important skill – being present in the moment! :hugs:

Being present means fully immersing ourselves in the here and now, without judgment or attachment. It’s about awakening our senses to the sights, sounds, tastes, and textures that surround us, allowing ourselves to be :sparkles: fully engaged :sparkles: in each passing moment. :sun_with_face:

Being present in the moment can mean different things for different people. Here are some examples:

1. Meditating :person_in_lotus_position:

2. Not using your phone during a walk and really observing nature, and the environment. :star_struck:

3. Enjoying each bite of your food and savoring the taste. :yum:

If you’re having a hard time thinking of your own examples, try to use these questions as a guide:

1. What is one activity or experience that helps you feel most present and fully engaged in the moment?

2. How do you bring your attention back to the present when you find your mind drifting into thoughts about the past or future?

3. What are some simple everyday things you appreciate or take notice of to enhance your sense of presence?

Share with us how you’ve decided to be present in the moment for this week down in the replies! :herb:

:point_right:Also try our Wysa exercise on “observing the here and now” at: https://mindline.sg/youth/home

3 Likes

Was on a vacation recently with my partner and I used the Focus Mode on my phone to be fully present with her. This means no distracting notifications so I can focus on being in the present. The focus mode works wonders haha

3 Likes