Lost interest and phobic to activities used to enjoy

I felt depressed after being counselled by people who I trusted and respected. I cried so hard because as I felt the council was unnecessary and I’m super disappointed because I’ve worked so hard…now i have no mood to do the things I used to love to do . Its coming to two weeks now… I have feelings of just sleeping forever but I just don’t want my husband to be sad so i tried hard to live on. Am I having depression? The anxiety and sad feeling can be quite overwhelming sometimes before the day I carry those Activites…

Hi user1370

I am sad to hear how challenging work has been. When you bravely shared what happened at office and your feelings of despair and hopelessness, I believe it resonated with many of us due to its validity and familiarity. Please don’t feel alone♥️.

I encourage you to speak to a trained mental health professional soon about the feelings of:

1. Persistent sadness and disappointment.
  2. Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed.
  3. Changes in sleep patterns (wanting to sleep forever).
  4. Overwhelming anxiety.

The mental health professional could also help you identify areas to address that could help you towards achieving better well-being and satisfaction.

Meanwhile, here are some self care strategies to consider as a priority to regain some balance and normalcy in your life:

1. Mindfulness exercises.
  2. Journaling.
  3. Gentle physical activity (yoga, walks).
  4. Creative expression (art, music).
  5. Connect with loved ones.

Another suggestion, once you feel up to it, is to carefully evaluate what you want out of your career. Is this the type of workplace where you see yourself thriving? Is the department culture something aligned to your own internal values and beliefs? If not, you could explore a transfer to another department where your hard work and dedication would be better acknowledged and appreciated.

Remember you fully deserve a workplace where you feel motivated to work in, where you experience growth, where supervisors coach and value you. :heart:

Hi @user1370,

It sounds like you’re going through a really challenging time. It’s understandable that you would feel disappointed and overwhelmed after being let down by people you trusted. Would you be okay to share what these people said when they counselled you, and how you felt about that?

It’s really brave of you to share these feelings, and I’m here to listen. It’s important to take care of yourself and seek professional help if you feel like you might be experiencing depression.

Your well-being is important, and it’s okay to ask for support.

Hey, I’m so sorry that you encountered a counsellor who made you feel that way :frowning: Unfortunately just like many things in life, it could take a while to find a counsellor suitable for you; If their words are affecting you negatively, just know that their words are not final! And if you’re feeling this way please don’t keep it to yourself and let it simmer inside you, because many times things are so much worst in our head than it is in reality. If you’re open to it, we’re more than happy to dissect what the counsellor said or your emotions with you. From what you said, you’ve been trying to keep up a strong front for your husband and that shows me that you’re a loving person who’s worthy of the good things life has to offer — Jiayou!