My feelings are too much

like the topic says, my thoughts are really loud. My head is filled and it’s suffocating. I have thoughts of inadequacy, sometimes feel like im a manipulator. I’m constantly feeling empty and negative. I feel guilty for being around people because of my mental health that makes me a burden and a confusing person. I want to be alone to not hurt others but I need someone to be there for me. I have friends but I’m unable to let them in. Recently went through a break up too and it has been affecting my mental health a lot. I feel like there is a lot of things wrong with me that i don’t know where to begin

Dear @thatgirl ,

It sounds incredibly tough to be experiencing all of this. :people_hugging:
I’m grateful that you’ve chosen to share your feelings here. It shows great strength and courage to open up about what you’re going through. It sounds incredibly tough to manage these overwhelming thoughts and feelings.

Emotions are powerful signals that our bodies use to communicate with us. They’re meant to guide us and help us understand our needs. When we ignore them, they can become even louder and more distressing. As Brené Brown aptly puts it, “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.” Well done on reaching out for support and being brave to explore yourself further. :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

Here are a few things you might consider:

1. Seek Professional Help: Talking to a therapist or counsellor can provide a safe space to explore these feelings without judgment. They can help you understand what you’re going through and develop strategies to cope.

2. Self-Compassion: Be kind to yourself. It’s natural to feel guilt and inadequacy during difficult times, but remember that you deserve understanding and support just like everyone else.

3. Take Small Steps: Break things down into smaller, manageable parts. Start with reaching out to someone you trust, even if it’s just to share how you’re feeling. You don’t have to figure everything out at once.

4. Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can sometimes help to organise and process them. Here are some journal prompts to consider:

• How do I feel physically and emotionally right now?
    • What are the main sources of stress or anxiety in my life at the moment?
    • What small achievements or positive moments have I experienced recently?
    • How do my emotions influence my interactions with others?
    • What are some things I can do today to take care of myself?
  5. Self-Care: Find activities that bring you comfort and peace, whether it’s going for a walk, listening to music, or practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or mindfulness. Here are some quick self-regulation skills I’d like you to practice whenever you notice your emotions stirring up strongly again. Try these calming strategies:

• Deep Breathing: Take slow, deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focus on the sensation of your breath entering and leaving your body.
  • Progressive Muscle Relaxation: Start from your toes and work your way up, tensing and then slowly relaxing each muscle group in your body. This can help release physical tension associated with stress.
  • Grounding Techniques: Use your senses to connect with the present moment. Focus on things you can see, hear, touch, smell, and taste to anchor yourself in the here and now.

It’s okay to ask for help and to take things one step at a time. You deserve support and understanding as you navigate through this challenging time. :orange_heart:

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Take care,
Cool Breeze =)