Normalizing the "Is This Normal" Question :)

Hello everyone,

Have you ever found yourself pondering life’s peculiarities and wondering, “Is this normal?” Well, you’re not alone! Life is full of quirky, confusing, and sometimes downright weird moments, and I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion about them.

Share your “Is this normal?” moments: Is there something in your life that you’ve experienced or observed that left you scratching your head, wondering if others have gone through the same thing? It could be a quirky habit, an unusual encounter, or even a strange but harmless phobia.

The Big Question: What led you to question the normalcy of this experience or situation? Did it make you feel isolated or did you find humor in it?

I’ll kick things off with my own “Is this normal?” moment:

Fear of Mascots: I have this inexplicable fear of mascots, you know, those people dressed up as giant animals or characters at theme parks or sports events. I don’t know why, but they give me the creeps! Is it normal to be terrified of someone in a giant bunny costume?

My Pondering: I’ve often wondered if anyone else shares this peculiar fear or if I’m the odd one out. It’s not a big deal, but it can make attending certain events a tad awkward.

Now it’s your turn! Share your own “Is this normal?” moment, and let’s see if there are others who can relate or provide some insight. Remember, it’s the quirks and mysteries of life that make it interesting!

1 Like

Actually right now. It seems I get upset over the smallest thing and I feel so tired. I had no idea if this is normal but I stumbled upon this website so let us see.

3 Likes

Welcome to let’s talk, @user794! :wave:

Feeling tired is very normal. You’ll find a lot of threads discussing about how tired we all are. Here’s one recent one for example, along with some recommendations from our therapists!

2 Likes