Words of affirmation is one of the five love languages, and refer to any spoken or written words that confirm, support, uplift and empathise with another person in a positive manner.
Today, offer a friend, family member or partner(s) some love through words of affirmation!
Here are some examples:
- You were great at ____! I’m so proud of you!
- You look so good! Is that a new outfit?
- Thank you for listening.
- I’m rooting for you, I know you can crush this!
- I love that I can be completely honest with you
- I appreciate your thoughts on this matter
Here are 37 more validating statements you can say to someone as words of affirmation!
Who did you offer these words of affirmation to, and how did the other person react? Do you like receiving words of affirmation? What’s your primary love language?