O-Level Prelims are coming up, but I’m beginning to lose hope in everything. The simplest Maths looks like gibberish to me, Biology concepts just look like a foreign language to me, and I feel like all my friends hate me. I’m putting on this smiley, jolly façade in front of everybody, and no one ever stops to ask if I’m okay even after I drop the signs I’m not okay. What do I have to be noticed?
Hi @securerainbow2787 thank you for sharing!
The pressure of prelims on top of feeling invisible to the people around you, even when you have already dropped signs of not being okay, is a heavy combination to carry…
The façade you’re describing does take a lot of energy, and it makes sense that it’s wearing you down. I do want to assure you that even though your friends may not be checking on you even after you dropped signs, that does not mean that they hate you. Sometimes the people around us miss the signs, maybe because they themselves are also occupied with prelims or other things. Sometimes it could also be that they don’t know how to look out for and support others. Nonetheless, that doesn’t make it hurt any less ya
That said, I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your school counsellor or a trusted adult/teacher about this, so that you can have the support that you deserve instead of carrying this alone!
If you find it hard to approach any of them, you may also consider reaching out to Mindline at 1771 or WhatsApp 6669 1771 to speak to someone as a start ![]()
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it :))) One thing I’m a little curious about is, is it too late for me to contact my school counsellor now of all times? I’m graduating in exactly a month’s time, and I don’t know if this experience would get some weight off my shoulders, or just give me something new to worry about when I already have studies to stress about.
It’s def not too late to reach out to your school counsellor! They are there for this kind of moments and it should help you lessen the loads that you are carrying instead of adding more