Overthinking

I’m totally depressed about my girlfriend
I think she was cheating on me
But she is swearing that she never did

2 Likes

Hi @Endurance20533

Thank you for sharing with us your worries. I can hear the deep pain and confusion you’re experiencing right now. Suspecting infidelity can be very distressing, especially when you’re in a committed relationship. It’s understandable that you’re feeling depressed and overwhelmed by these thoughts.

First and foremost, can you share with me:

1. What are some of the signs and signals that you learned about, that made you feel like she is cheating on you?
  2. What are some things you hope your partner can do to assure you?

I encourage you to consider speaking with a therapist or counsellor who can provide a safe space for you to process your emotions and work through your feelings of betrayal and mistrust. You could try reaching out to either of these options:

When it comes to addressing your suspicions with your girlfriend, it’s important to approach the conversation with empathy and openness. While it’s natural to want reassurance and clarity, you can try to communicate your concerns in a non-accusatory manner and let her know how you’re feeling and express your need for honesty and transparency in the relationship :slight_smile:

It’s also important to listen to her perspective and give her the opportunity to share her side of the story, while keeping in mind that trust is a fundamental aspect of any relationship, because rebuilding trust takes time and effort from both parties.

Ultimately, only you can decide what is best for you and your well-being. If you find that you’re unable to move past your suspicions or rebuild trust in the relationship, it may be necessary to reassess the future of your relationship and consider what is truly in your best interest.

Take things one step at a time, and be gentle with yourself as you process your emotions and make decisions about your relationship. We are here for you.

Let us know how you’re coping and if you’ve managed to try any of the suggestions above. Hear from you soon ok?

1 Like

What made you suspect that she is cheating on you? Are you comfortable to share more?