Starting a new job but feeling like i cant catch up

started a new job this year!!! i’ve always been confident in my ability to excel, but in this new job, hard as i try, i cant seem to find that i’m doing things right. i don’t know how to know if im doing a good enough job. can anyone give advice?

3 Likes

Hello @warmth congrats on the new job !
! I believe consistent improvement, no matter how small, is a good indicator that you are on the right track.

Making mistakes is natural, especially when starting a new role, but what matters is the commitment to learning and improving with each experience. :+1:t2:

But hmmm what kinda challenges are you facing now ?

1 Like

Hi @warmth congrats on your new job!

It’s completely normal to feel uncertain when starting something new. If you want to check your performance, consider seeking feedback from your colleagues or supervisor. Regular check-ins can provide insights into your strengths and areas for improvement. Learning curves are expected, so be patient with yourself during this probation period and continue to adapt and grow in your role. Remember, asking for feedback and proactively seeking guidance are signs of a proactive and dedicated employee. If you need someone to talk more about your new job, I’m here for you. Take care. X

2 Likes

@warmth its definitely normal in a new job! Do not be too harsh on yourself and try to get regular feedbacks on your current performance and do not be afraid to ask for help!

2 Likes

Is this new job different from what you’ve done in your previous jobs or in school? Think you’ll just need to give yourself some time to explore.

Maybe one way to help yourself is to come up with a 100-day plan. That’ll help you chart out the goals you want to achieve in your first, second and third month.

Your ability to do well will depend on how much expertise you have for your new role and who you know that can help you along the way. Hope this helps!

New Job Jitters? Conquer Confidence & Crush It!

hi @warmth , hope you’re well too…

It’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed and unsure of yourself when starting a new job.

I understand that There’s a lot to learn, new people to meet, and expectations to navigate.

It’s important to be patient with yourself and remember that it takes time to adjust.

Here are 9 tips that might help you feel more confident and assess how you’re doing:

1. Focus on learning, not perfection:

Instead of putting pressure on yourself to be an expert right away, focus on learning and growing.

Ask questions, seek clarification, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.

Everyone makes them, and it’s how we learn and improve.

New Job, New You: Ignite Your Confidence & Spark Success!

1. Talk to your manager:

Schedule regular check-ins with your manager to discuss your progress and get feedback.

They can help you identify areas where you’re excelling and areas where you can improve.

Ditch the Doubts, Find Your Flow: Master Confidence & Work Magic!

1. Connect with colleagues:

Get to know your colleagues and build relationships.

They can be a great source of support and guidance, and they can also help you learn the ropes.

Feeling Unseen? Shine Bright & Claim Your Confidence!

1. Track your accomplishments:

Keep a record of your accomplishments, no matter how small.

This will help you see how far you’ve come and boost your confidence.

From Frazzled to Focused: Build Confidence & Thrive at Work!

1. Celebrate your successes:

Take time to celebrate your successes, big and small.

This will help you stay motivated and positive.

Fear to Fierce: Unleash Your Confidence & Own Your New Role!

1. Be patient:

Remember, it takes time to adjust to a new job.

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t feel like you’re getting the hang of things right away.

Just keep learning, growing, and asking for help when you need it.

To help me to help you further,
Here are some additional things to consider:

Drowning in Doubt? Dive into Confidence & Swim Strong!

1. How long have you been in your new job?

It’s generally unrealistic to expect to feel completely comfortable and confident after just a few weeks or even months.

Give yourself time to adjust.

Newbie to Ninja: Unlock Confidence & Rock Your New Job!

1. What are your specific concerns?

Are there particular tasks or aspects of the job that you’re struggling with?
Talking to your manager or a colleague about these specific concerns can help you get the support you need.

Imposter Syndrome Sinking You? Find Your Superhero Self!

1. Have you received any feedback from your manager or colleagues?

If so, what was it?

Feedback can be a valuable tool for understanding how you’re doing and where you can improve.

Feeling Lost? Chart Your Course to Confidence at Work!

If you’re still feeling overwhelmed and unsure after trying these tips, it might be helpful to talk to more soon.

I can provide you with additional support and guidance as you adjust to your new job.

Always here for you… Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @warmth thanks for being so willing to share :slight_smile:

Just a few food for thoughts and suggestions:

1. Be kind to yourself alright, no matter how we skilled we are. Sometimes it will take time to learn and be good in it. Is it possible to share what kind of role are you doing?

2. Is it possible to have discussion with your boss/reporting officer on how’s your progress been?

Jiayou~

1 Like