Week 2 Challenge: Eat a meal that makes you feel good

Your challenge this week is just to eat a meal- with your friends, family, or yourself- that makes you feel nourished, satisfied and refreshed! It does not need to be a “healthy” meal either :ramen:

I’m just a lil’ mimosa, so a meal that makes me thrive consists of a good ol’ dollop of potassium nitrate fertilizer, and some fresh rain :herb:

What did you eat, and did you eat the meal by yourself, or with someone? Why did you enjoy this meal so much? How do you feel, physically and mentally, after consuming this meal? :dango:

Here are some tips on how you can eat more mindfully as well!

5 Likes

Recently, I ate a plate of salmon and vegetables with my close friend. We also had apple pie afterwards. I really enjoyed the meal because it has been a long time since I have met my friend. We had a fun time talking together while enjoying our meals. The food was delicious and cheap as well. Afterwards, I felt more energetic to walk around and happier. I was excited to hang out with my friend more.

2 Likes

I just ate a bowl of yong tau foo, with beancurd sheets and broccoli. Noodles was kway teow. It was a really fulfilling meal because it felt light and energizing for me. I also became more mindful of the ingredients that I choose, so that’s a plus too!

4 Likes

i had dinner with my family , we had our usual soup, rice, fish and vege dishes!

2 Likes

Ate mostly bland food (like porridge) so far this week, because I fell sick! Sadly, didn’t manage to eat with my family and friends yet. While I didn’t feel much better physically after the meals, simple meals like these reminds me to always always appreciate the simple things in life and be grateful for the meals I eat!
While I will probably be stuck with eating bland meals for the rest of the week, I will seek comfort that I’m finally taking care of my physical and mental health a little…or I hope so :sweat_smile:

1 Like

met up with some good pals and ate acai soft serve at coocaca @ somerset the other day, it was heavenly and i highly recommend everyone to try the acai soft serves there : ) it was really relaxing and fun hanging out with my friends as well, they are my rock!

Homecooked meals have a lot of meaning for me. It is my parents’ love language. Sometimes we have elaborate meals, sometimes simple dishes - but always made with love. Especially when I am sick, that plain porridge with canned cai xin makes everything better instantly. I hope to be a better cook so that I can create such memories for my children and friends. :ramen: :rice: :green_salad:

I recently ate mala and it was so good althought unhealthy but it reminded me of my sec sch days too just after school eating mala with frens then regretting
Edit: im getting mala again cause my mom was craving it LESGO

1 Like

I ate Korean noodles! Not much nutritional value but it sure made me happy! Absolutely delicious​:ramen::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Today, I ate dinner with my mother. For the past months, I have been busy with schoolwork and co-curriculum activities (CCAs) such that I haven’t been spending time with my family. Hence, I decided to make time for dinner today as today (Friday) marks the end of the busy weekday (although I am busy on the weekend too :laughing:). I brought back two packets of food - fried noodles for myself and fried rice for my mother for dinner. During the meal, I had a great chat with my mother. I updated her on the activities in and outside the school while she was enthusiastic about sharing what she had heard from her friends and family (she is a bit of a gossiper :laughing:).

Upon reflection, I miss the days when I return home early with homemade food ready to be eaten. Now, my schedule is packed tight with many activities and events. Despite this, I will try my best to make time to have meals (especially dinner) with my family.

2 Likes

I usually eat cereal in the morning and I usually eat alone else if I am with my friends or family member I will eat with them. Furthermore, I feel that eating alone allows me to recharge my mental energy and eating with my friends or family allows me to physically get to know my friends or family member better when they share about themselves and listening to their stories enable me to support and understand them. I believe it will be much more meaningful to be with friends or family member so that when they are sharing stories we can mutual support each other but being along plays an important role in healing internal energy.

1 Like

I had a shroom and cheese pocket (somewhat a wrap) from kfc recently. Although it wasn’t the most healthy meal but it was definitely a hearty meal as I get to indulge into something that I don’t consume often. It was enjoyable as it felt like guilty pleasure, but through this I have realised the importance of self care and that we should always constantly rewind a few steps back and check in with ourselves, giving ourselves little incentives to keep us going for a longer period. We should always maintain a optimistic state as much as possible, and attempt to see every obstacle as a challenge to keep us going even further.

1 Like

During the weekends, I went to eat Mala with my family at the food court, which was filled with people, to enjoy the spicy, sweet and the different ingredients of our favorite which includes Mushroom, Tteokbokki and Sausages. We enjoy the food so much because of the spiciness that makes us want to eat more when consuming it. I feel physically tired because of the large quantity that we eat but being positive mentally because it creates happiness in me when I eat it.

1 Like

Hi today I had my lunch with my friend and it was fun to had food together we talk a lot and walk around after our meal. I enjoyed my food and it made my day😊

1 Like

I ate curry vegetables and is with my family (home cooked food). I enjoyed this food as this food is my favourite dish since young and I felt mentally satisfied especially eating this with my family.

2 Likes

Ohhhh I had curry and rice today! Was SO delicious :yum: I’ve always loved spicy food and this curry that my mother cooked for the family was just such a comfort food for me since I’ve been having a tough week :frowning:
Having tough weeks are common but if we are compassionate towards ourselves, and take things slowly we won’t feel so overwhelmed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, a meal that makes me feel good is a meal with someone I love. What is consumed does not matter as long as the company is there. I am grateful to say I had multiple of such meals recently.

2 Likes