I feel so hopeless

I getting back my eoy results tmr and I so scared. I tried my best alr, but if I don’t do well, I scared I give up on myself and my mom gets pissed

hey @valerieyeo, good job on getting through your exams. i just wanted to let you know that your results don’t define who you are and your worth. you are worthy no matter what. good luck

Hi Valerie, great job on making it through such a tough year! No matter the results you receive tomorrow, it is enough proof to show how much you’ve done this year already. Wishing you all the best and let’s keep our heads held high for the next year together too!

Hey @valerieyeo how is it? I think whatever it is remember you did your best and there will be many more EOYs in your life to try again so dont worry too much about 1 exam okay :muscle:

hi @valerieyeo, i understand how you feel… this scared me so much back when i was a student. but what’s more important here is that you did your best and that is a testament to your hard work!! speaking as someone who has gone through most of my education journey, sometimes i know it looks hopeless, it makes you feel like a failure, it makes you feel like your hard work is not going anywhere, but really it will pay off one day! it took me years and years. so please do not give up, you can and will succeed :relieved:

Hi @valerieyeo,

I can really hear how anxious and scared you are about getting your results back tomorrow, and I want to acknowledge that this is a lot to hold onto right now. It’s clear you’ve worked hard and done your best, but it’s understandable to feel unsure and worried about what might happen next. You’ve mentioned that you’re scared you might give up on yourself if things don’t go as planned, and that your mom might be upset. That sounds really tough, especially when you feel like there’s so much pressure on you.

I want you to know that your results tomorrow—no matter what they are—do not define your worth or all the effort you’ve put in. It’s really important to take a moment to recognize that trying your best already shows a lot of strength and determination, and that counts for something, whether the results turn out the way you want them to or not.

It sounds like a big part of your fear is not just about the results themselves, but how you might react to them and how your mom will respond. It’s okay to feel worried about that. But I also want to remind you that your effort doesn’t disappear, even if the results aren’t perfect. There is always a way forward—this is just one moment in time, not the end of your story.

If it feels overwhelming tomorrow, it might help to give yourself some space to breathe and process your feelings before reacting. Take it one step at a time. If you do feel like talking about it with your mom, having that conversation doesn’t have to be all at once. You can explain how hard you’ve tried and how much this means to you, but also let her know how scared you’ve been feeling.

You’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to reach out for support, whether it’s from a friend, a counselor, or someone else you trust. Your hard work matters, and so do you.

Take care, and remember—you’ve done your best, and there are many others here to support you!